Ticket queues in Glasgow

So you expect 25 people to be on duty for a full 24 hours ? Do you work 24 hour shifts ever ?
Lol. No, never. There's this thing called shifts. One person does 8 hours then they go home and a different person does 8 hours and then they go home and.....

There's another thread about Euro away tickets in general rather than yesterday's fiasco in Glasgow.
Someone posted an article from a Chelsea site explaining the clubs are taking this sort of action as UEFA CL competition rules say clubs are ultimately responsible for the behaviour of their supporters.
This explains many of the conditions of collection, but City said it wouldn't have been imposed for the final had we beaten Real Madrid. So who is responsible for our behaviour if we get to Cardiff?

You said ' I do not see much downside from this process---I really welcome it' and now you are saying IMO is a significant problem........make your mind up!!! By the way I think it is shit how it is done, and at Madrid I was stopped two or three times to show my ID and wristband

You misread my post I think

The points whoring is what I see as a significant issue

Pretty sure you're right with it being not designed to stop points whores it has done though looking at points sell out levels now, we got there just after a few coaches turned up about 12.45 and queued for around an hour most people in the queue were good natured one or two were having a rant at the two guys on the door they only do a job though its the club we need to bring it up with. We still had plenty of drink time and great day out, you're right about thomson trip though which is bang out of order there was no check as to who was who, don't think the ideas to bad but certainly needs to be better organised for sure in Gladbach personally it won't be a problem as we'll pick them up day before, its the daytrippers it needs to be sorted for.
Won't be a problem??? Only if you are staying in gladbach...the majority are/seem, to be staying in Dusseldorf so it's a pain in the arse. I'm arriving the day before so it will cost us time and money to get there and back... Whereas if we already had them we could enjoy the German hospitality all day and night and then on match day travel FREE to the game and back cos it's included in the ticket price...

Says a lot about the person??? You must mean me as he was quoting my post.

Well given that I go to the matches as well and then have to 'suffer' these terrible events then excuse me if I consider your casual insult to be just lazy crap
I was talking about you amongst others, yes. Your attitude seems to be from reading your post that it's ok as it doesn't bother you yet there are many others who have genuine concerns about the system that's in place.
If you don't care then I'd say it does indeed say a lot about you. The epitome of "I'm alright jack"
That's not lazy crap as you put it, just the way I see it. I think everyone who goes to the European aways should be wary of how things are panning out. Hope that's clear enough.

Won't be a problem??? Only if you are staying in gladbach...the majority are/seem, to be staying in Dusseldorf so it's a pain in the arse. I'm arriving the day before so it will cost us time and money to get there and back... Whereas if we already had them we could enjoy the German hospitality all day and night and then on match day travel FREWe'reE to the game and back cos it's included in the ticket price...
Won't be a problem??? Only if you are staying in gladbach...the majority are/seem, to be staying in Dusseldorf so it's a pain in the arse. I'm arriving the day before so it will cost us time and money to get there and back... Whereas if we already had them we could enjoy the German hospitality all day and night and then on match day travel FREE to the game and back cos it's included in the ticket price...
We're staying in Dusseldorf as well its 25 mins on train so we'll have a trip or we'd be in the pub think it's about 9 euros to see a bit of Germany and next day its free travel with ticket I know its a pain if your arriving on the Tuesday like.

There's another thread about Euro away tickets in general rather than yesterday's fiasco in Glasgow.
Someone posted an article from a Chelsea site explaining the clubs are taking this sort of action as UEFA CL competition rules say clubs are ultimately responsible for the behaviour of their supporters.
This explains many of the conditions of collection, but City said it wouldn't have been imposed for the final had we beaten Real Madrid. So who is responsible for our behaviour if we get to Cardiff?

Thanks for pointing that out - my posts would have been better for me to post there.

My concern is that we need some system like this and i would rsther the inconvenience than go back to the way it was - but accept that some people are pissed off with Glasgow pick up experience.

FWIW I think the Club staff did a good job in very testing conditions yesterday. Anyone reporting staff who were just following instructions needs to give their head a wobble.

The ticket collection process should be reviewed. When the duration of the queues exceeds a half, never mind the full 90 minutes, it's poor. I agree with the principles of tackling points whores but the implementation is faulty. It's a classic case of too much thinking about strategy and too little thought given to implementation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.