Time to get real!

shaundickov

Right, I've had enough of this bollocks transfer speculation about players that we're definitely not going to sign in January.

Yep, I'm talking about the likes of Warnock, Weater, Heskey, Diarra, Turner, Downing, Bellamy etc.

Get real people. Within 24 hours of our new owners taking over, we had launched bids for Torres, Villa, Robinho, Van Nistelrooy, Eto'o, Messi, etc.

Sheik Mansour wants box office, he's not going to listen to a bloke who plays Vassell on the wing and SWP out of position and stick to bog standard average players. Why would he buy a Ford Focus when he can afford to pay over the odds for a Lambo?

Remember that feeling you got when SSN announced that we had signed Robinho for a British record transfer fee?

Get ready to feel that again very soon.

And you know this because...... ?

Last time i checked, MH was the manager of man city, and he selects who he wants to buy...

Moebius said:

Last time i checked, MH was the manager of man city, and he selects who he wants to buy...

Did he choose Robinho?

Did he sanction a bid for Berbatov?

I think not.

shaundickov said:
Moebius said:

Did he choose Robinho?

Did he sanction a bid for Berbatov?

I think not.

Why do you think he didn't? Or is this mere armchair speculation with no actual evidence?

I was off work ill today and (this is how sad I am) when I was lying in bed I watched the last hour of the transfer window on Septemeber 1st when the whole Robinho thing was going on. For once shaundickov is right (to an extent). We bid for 6 players that day, I can't remember all of them but 4 were Rob, Villa, Berbatov and Gomes. They were saying that we were bidding around 400 million EURO's at one point. These guys mean serious busienss. After watching that today I'd be astounded if we don't sign another player of Robinho's ilk in Jan

Moebius said:

imagine possible conversation in November

Sheik Mansour says "this is a list of what we think are the worlds best player for each position on the pitch" as he hands over a piece of paper "what do you think?"

Mark takes the piece of paper and spend several minutes looking at the paper. Then he picks up a pen and carefully draws a line through two of the names and add two different names. He then passes the paper back saying "I've replaced two players which I think are passed there best"

Sheik Mansour then says "right you can have 4 of them, which ones do you want"

The Fat el Hombre said:
I was off work ill today and (this is how sad I am) when I was lying in bed I watched the last hour of the transfer window on Septemeber 1st when the whole Robinho thing was going on. For once shaundickov is right (to an extent). We bid for 6 players that day, I can't remember all of them but 4 were Rob, Villa, Berbatov and Gomes. They were saying that we were bidding around 400 million EURO's at one point. These guys mean serious busienss. After watching that today I'd be astounded if we don't sign another player of Robinho's ilk in Jan

Mark Hughes barely had his foot in the door, and the new owners , just came in and wanted to celebrate and went all out. I have no doubt Robinho was "pushed" on hughes. However, Mark Hughes is NOT the kind of manager who will let squad desicions be made for him, that includes transfers.

nickson71 said:
Moebius said:

imagine possible conversation in November

Sheik Mansour says "this is a list of what we think are the worlds best player for each position on the pitch" as he hands over a piece of paper "what do you think?"

Mark takes the piece of paper and spend several minutes looking at the paper. Then he picks up a pen and carefully draws a line through two of the names and add two different names. He then passes the paper back saying "I've replaced two players which I think are passed there best"

Sheik Mansour then says "right you can have 4 of them, which ones do you want"

Now imagine this :

man city bid 60m for buffon.... he doesnt want to come to city
man city bid 80m for kaka.... he wants CL football next season
man city bid 70m for Villa.... he looks at the PL table and laughs
man city bid 60m for eto'o... he thinks about leaving a CL spot for a dog fight, then changes his mind

See how it really works ? Yes money is a great tool to have, but some players can simply NOT be bought. And it is even harder to buy said players when just above relegation zone, it kinda makes the "we are going places" argument void ya know.

And as pointed out, Robinho WAS a special case as he just wanted out of Real Madrid at any cost.

FORZA CITY said:
Lest we forget though Robinho would of gone anywhere just to get out of Madrid.

Well there is that, but in your constant downer on the club never forget that these guys mean buisiness they want our club to be NO 1 in the world they have that vision, and unlike any club in the world right now they are prepared to invest in the best they can get.

This is not a normal buisiness for them, this is about honour and prestige, can you imagine what it means to them never mind us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.