To Torture or not?

BigJoe#1 said:
BlueBearBoots said:
but isnt there evidence to suggest torture gets little or no useful information?
An element doubtlessly to be considered in the argument.

Should we care is these people suffer? Especially if say 10% of the information gathered turns out to be useful.

Or are, as the Americans might say, these people "collateral damabe" and pretty much worthless?

You mean we ought to think and behave more like they do?

Hmmm........

I don't suit the definition of a flag-waving leftie but it's an absolute no from me, to resort to this kind of barbarism would bring it down to the level of the scum who have committed these atrocities.

The recent torture report made a case that it isn't a reliable source anyway as most prisoners will tell the inquisitor what they think they want to hear simply to make it stop.

They gave up their entitlement to human rights by callously taking the lives of others, as far as I'm concerned.

They should be put through as much pain as possible until they die, even if they give up no valuable information, it's the least they deserve.

To torture somebody is an immoral thing to do. However, like the saying goes 'a little bit of pain never hurt anyone' If it is truly believed that someone knows the whereabouts to a bomb that will explode and kill people, then i think justification can be made.
Only in these types of extreme circumstances though.

I actually hope these bastards get shot and not taken into custody, save some money.

How much about other "plots" would they actually know? Do we think they all sit around in the Yemen or Syria or wherever over a glass of very sweet black tea having a business meeting as to who will go where to blow up/shoot people? Does it go like this -

Big Cheese - rightyho then who wants to take out some office in France?
Pinky - I'll go, Ive got nothing on next week
Perky - I'll come with, quite like Paris
Big Cheese - good thats sorted, now who will volunteer to pop over to England and visit a swamp?..........................

Nope I believe everything is kept very secret and once cell wouldnt know who was in another cell never mind what they are doing or where they would go

BlueBearBoots said:
I actually hope these bastards get shot and not taken into custody, save some money.

How much about other "plots" would they actually know? Do we think they all sit around in the Yemen or Syria or wherever over a glass of very sweet black tea having a business meeting as to who will go where to blow up/shoot people? Does it go like this -

Big Cheese - good thats sorted, now who will volunteer to pop over to England and visit a swamp?..........................

Nope I believe everything is kept very secret and once cell wouldnt know who was in another cell never mind what they are doing or where they would go

have you been a terrorist ? you seem to know a lot

mekonmcfc said:
BlueBearBoots said:

read the paris thread we should all be worried about Blue Underpants he even knows where the next strike is gonna be!! ;)

BlueBearBoots said:
but isnt there evidence to suggest torture gets little or no useful information?

Yep, achieves little and causes massive damage to international relationships.

BlueBearBoots said:
mekonmcfc said:
BlueBearBoots said:

read the paris thread we should all be worried about Blue Underpants he even knows where the next strike is gonna be!! ;)

Bound to be France - always on strike those lazy twats.

Guess that closes this thread then, thankfully.

However hypothetically I guess the question still remains, seemed to tear at the heart of some on here... understandably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.