Tom Lockyer - Luton captain collapses during their match against Bournemouth.

Hopefully he will recover, sadly probably the end of his football career, but when it comes to health it becomes irrelevant One of the best places to have a heart attack with all the medical staff and facilities with an ambulance on hand Credit to all who reacted fast and treated him the first few minutes are critical The updates seem positive let’s hope he gets fit and has a long life Get well soon Tom

Nothing like this seemed to happen before the Covid jabs :)
There has been numerous examples of players having major heart incidents whilst playing / training, our own Mark Viven Foe and a few more pre Covid
Miklos Feher
Antonio Puerta
Daniel Jarque
Fabrice Muamba

If he gets a defibrillator fitted he should be able to carry on like Christian Eriksen has but this is his 2nd episode in less than a year so I think he'll get told to retire or risk a third and fatal attack.
Felt so sorry for the Luton Town manager, he looked completely beside himself.
He's chanced his luck once, coming back from his first episode. Common sense should tell him not to do it again. Eventually, your luck will run out.

If he gets a defibrillator fitted he should be able to carry on like Christian Eriksen has but this is his 2nd episode in less than a year so I think he'll get told to retire or risk a third and fatal attack.
Felt so sorry for the Luton Town manager, he looked completely beside himself.
I think the elephant in the room is that Eriksen couldn't play with his own club in Italy but could play in certain countries.
That seems mad to me.
There has to be a universal agreement on medical issues.

I think the elephant in the room is that Eriksen couldn't play with his own club in Italy but could play in certain countries.
That seems mad to me.
There has to be a universal agreement on medical issues.
I personally think. If you had a cardiac arrest or a heart attack on the pitch and survive. They should be forced to retire from playing football and other cardio like sports. Italy I think was correct in its approach with health and safety of players.

The clubs (Premier League, Championship and big League 1 clubs) should offer the player who suffered this horrific ordeal a chance to work as a coach/scout/media or any University course the player wants to do.

Different question but if Man United was playing let's say AC Milan at the San Siro. Would Eriksen not be allowed to play the game in Italy even though he plays for Man United.

Different question but if Man United was playing let's say AC Milan at the San Siro. Would Eriksen not be allowed to play the game in Italy even though he plays for Man United.
Good question.

I know of players who couldn't play because they hadn't Covid injections or weren't allowed travel due to criminal convictions.

Not nice to see, even more so for a fit, young elite sportsman.

Hopefully the problem will be found and a treatment is available and he goes on to lead a long life, sadly hiis football career is over but in the grand scheme of things that's irrelevant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.