Top 5 City players this season.

1. Kompany
every time he has played he has affected the game. puts 100% effort in all the time. i think he will be captain of this club in the next 2-3 years because he is the only City player who vocally organises on the pitch, he has a go at Robinho for not getting in the right position defensively (from where i sit i get a good view of this). EXCELLENT signing!

2. Zabaleta
a bit ropey at right back earlier in the season (giving the ball away, not great when getting forward) but since he has been in midfield he has been superb.

3. SWP
Considering he gets kicked to fuck every game he plays he has been immense - some fantastic performances. sometimes he does so well getting passed players that the rest of the team don't keep up with him and he ends up losing it but that's the only negative (and it does not help when the rightr back offers him NOTHING most of the time). Gets back and helps defensively very well - top player!

4. Ireland
Some man of the match performances this season, some fantastic goals and inspirational bits of play. But also some very poor and anonymous performances, especially in the games the whole team hasn't played well - where you would expect someone who is touted as "world class" by some Blues to come to the fore and show his class, he has done nothing more than anyone else on the pitch. But a MASSIVE improvement compared to previous seasons, if he continues to improve he may well be able to keep out potential world star signings, but i would take about 5 or 6 players over him at this moment in time (players like Arteta, Sneider, van der Vaart)

5. gonna say Shay Given
Since he has come into the team we have conceded far far fewer goals than we did earlier in the season. he organises Dunne and Onuoha very well and makes some points winning saves!

1. Ireland
2. Zabaleta
3. Kompany
4. SWP
5.Robinho

Also Onuoha, Bellamy, De Jong and Given have been magnificent and deserve a mention.

1. Robinho - Leading goal scorer and always makes you get out of your seat, hopefully he can recover from the media bashing and the fans knocking his every move. A true gem.

2. Ireland - class player, on same wavelength as Robbie, skillful, hardworker, great vision and chips in with some top goals. I love him a little bit.

3. Zab - After a few dodgy games initially, I missed Corluka, he really came into his own, he works hard, good tackler, gets a bit dirty which I like.

4. SWP - Just being SWP would get him in my list but you can't fault the lads effort and work rate, hampered by being played in the middle at times but he's fucking SWP for fucks sake!

5. Kompany - 1 word...class.

Greiver said:
Ireland
Robinho
SWP
Zabaletta
Kompany

I'd put in Bellamy but he has not been here the whole season. Just imagine if he had been! Dunne and Richards inconsistant form cost them but lately they have been doing very well. Onouha will definately have a place if he keeps it up next year!

I agree with this

Anyone who misses Stevie or Kompany out needs to be sectioned

Kompany
Zabaleta
Ireland
SWP
Robinho

In any order. Was tempted to put Onouha in aswell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.