Tories have lost the vote of the young generation.

Spot on. Certainly with regards to the first sentence. I am not sure if the 2nd sentence happens much or at all, but it would be bonkers if it did.

I've said for years, we should take a load of people completely out of the tax system by raising the personal allowance and NI lower limits much, much higher. Like maybe £15,000 or more. Hard to understand why someone who is in receipt of benefits is paying tax at all. Bloody stupid pointless and wasteful administration effort if nothing else.
Setting it as I suggested at minimum wage for 39 hours would make it £15,200

Spot on. Certainly with regards to the first sentence. I am not sure if the 2nd sentence happens much or at all, but it would be bonkers if it did.

I've said for years, we should take a load of people completely out of the tax system by raising the personal allowance and NI lower limits much, much higher. Like maybe £15,000 or more. Hard to understand why someone who is in receipt of benefits is paying tax at all. Bloody stupid pointless and wasteful administration effort if nothing else.

Happened where I worked fella, there are numerous reasons for low wages but tax credits had a huge part to play.

Look at the title of the thread. According to Ipsos Mori, among 18-34 year olds in social classes DE, Labour had a 4 to 1 lead, and 2-1 among 35-54s. All that's needed for a Labour landslide is for young people to turnout in the same numbers as the old.

Where were they then?

The OP indicates that is likely to have been the case.
Fair enough, but at a macro level, the point stands. Think about it: Free education for all is only "profitable" if sufficient extra numbers are persuaded to go that those extra people pay enough extra in tax to fund the whole thing.

If not, it would be more "profitable" to have less people go, and charge all of them.

I put profitable in quotes since this is purely from a financial point of view and ignores all other social factors. But this is a reasonable position since the claim was made that free education is profitable. I very much doubt that it is.

Setting it as I suggested at minimum wage for 39 hours would make it £15,200

Keep bumping up the personal allowance, keep bumping the minimum wage above inflation, change the income tax rates, scrap money, employ lots of tax inspectors, increase vat by 1 or 2 % and call it employee share.

er no.... if houses are built and are occupied they are surely needed? Is Bristol and the south west full of ageing unoccupied elderly property?
I refer you to my answer above. Be sensible and have an atom of pragmatism, just an atom.

I refer you to my answer above. Be sensible.

I don't get your point. Ypou personally are unhappy with the number of homes being built in the South west. Therefore you personally think that is wrong. However house are built and houses are sold. Supply vs demand. There is a demand for houses hence the supply enhancements. You might not like it but that in itself doesn't make it wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.