Tories have lost the vote of the young generation.

who are the bright new vibrant faces that will restore the Tory party fortunes? interested to learn as looking at the conference none of them stood out as that sort of material. Maybe amongst the 70% of sitting MP's so inspired that the didn't attend conference.

"it would be never ending, since anyone unemployed would simply keep moving to Bristol to instantly move into their new home. There umpteen other issues"

I hope you were on magic mushrooms when you wrote all the unemployed would move to Bristol for a new house.

Maybe get there on their bikes? Only this time it's a house at the end of that Tory rainbow.

I'm fearing for your sanity otherwise.

So let's get this straight. An unemployed family, living 4 to a room in some delapidated squalor in say Gloucester, who's been on a housing list for ages where they live, would NOT move to a new area not 30 miles away, where there was no waiting list and a brand new council semi waiting for them? I'm presuming you haven't seen the council houses near me. They are lovely. Why on earth would someone NOT move? Of course some people would move, which is EXACTLY what has been happening.

I think you were on magic mushrooms posting what you did. Either that or you were so keen to critise you simply forgot to engage your brain. The debate was about why we don't simply build endlessly more houses in the Southwest, and i gave one perfectly good reason, of which there are many others.

So let's get this straight. An unemployed family, living 4 to a room in some delapidated squalor in say Gloucester, who's been on a housing list for ages where they live, would NOT move to a new area not 30 miles away, where there was no waiting list and a brand new council semi waiting for them? I'm presuming you haven't seen the council houses near me. They are lovely. Why on earth would someone NOT move? Of course some people would move, which is EXACTLY what has been happening.

I think you were on magic mushrooms posting what you did. Either that or you were so keen to critise you simply forgot to engage your brain. The debate was about why we don't simply build endlessly more houses in the Southwest, and i gave one perfectly good reason, of which there are many others.

but I still don't get your beef? Are you saying because you don't want new houses near you in Bristol a family of 4 should stay in squalor 30 miles away?

but I still don't get your beef? Are you saying because you don't want new houses near you in Bristol a family of 4 should stay in squalor 30 miles away?

No, of course not.

What I am saying is it's about time some other areas put their back into it. We've built tens of thousands of new homes down our way already and the infrastructure simply cannot cope. We've done our bit. My village is already doubling the number of houses as it is under the current plans. If everywhere did that we've have a million too many homes all over the country lying empty.

My beef is that the London based parliament still sees a huge problem down their way and tells everyone across the country they need to do more. WE don't.

How is Tory policy helping young people own a house?

As I said the biggest and main obstacle is the deposit, there is help for this with help to buy. It got me my house so I am proof of an answer to your question.

What are the Labour plans to help people own their own home and raise the deposit required?

No, of course not.

What I am saying is it's about time some other areas put their back into it. We've built tens of thousands of new homes down our way already and the infrastructure simply cannot cope. We've done our bit. My village is already doubling the number of houses as it is under the current plans. If everywhere did that we've have a million too many homes all over the country lying empty.

My beef is that the London based parliament still sees a huge problem down their way and tells everyone across the country they need to do more. WE don't.
The only way that happens is by government shifting infrastructure and jobs away from the South East. Other areas say the very North East / West of England or Northern Scotland, have loads of room to build houses, but unless people in the south east can be persuaded to move away from jobs and families down there it doesn't matter how much other areas put there backs into it. Don't know what the answer is but as you have said the South East is a problem like no other part of the country.

As I said the biggest and main obstacle is the deposit, there is help for this with help to buy. It got me my house so I am proof of an answer to your question.

What are the Labour plans to help people own their own home and raise the deposit required?
And that (HTB) must be part of the solution.

As I posted earlier, a solution that concentrates mainly on the supply side, with the aim of making houses more affordable, will either fail due to not enough supply being built, or should it succeed, risk wrecking the economy and plunging the country into financial crisis. Falling house prices have seriously implications.

This is what was said in February 2008, before the last crash - quite ironically!

Crash course: What we learnt from the 1980s
House prices are falling. Repossessions are up. So are we heading for another recession? Four experts who survived the last big crash explain why 2008 should not be the year of a similar meltdown.

who are the bright new vibrant faces that will restore the Tory party fortunes? interested to learn as looking at the conference none of them stood out as that sort of material. Maybe amongst the 70% of sitting MP's so inspired that the didn't attend conference.

Average age of a Tory Party Member (the ones who pay membership fees) announced today at 71 The Blue rinse brigade who hark back to the days of the colonies....

Can you explain why Labours ethics changed from supporting the working class to calling them racists and uneducated idiots? Whilst at the same time supports the middle class? If you genuinely think that Labour support the poor then I am at a loss to what's to discuss.

Why do you not answer questions and instead retort with a question, usually anti-Labour in its nature? The question posed to you in this case did not mention a party, yet you then proceeded to mention Labour in this reply to the original question posed to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.