Tosin Adarabioyo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that really stood out is that he didn't seem at all confident in bringing the ball forward or playing between the lines. There was a moment in the first half where he found himself on the right flank with an easy opportunity to go past his man and he looked so desperate to turn and go back to Fernandinho despite it being the harder option. Much better in the second half defensively but he's lacking the fearlessness in possession which makes Stones and Otamendi our first choice pair.

Looked like bambi on ice tbf the whole game. One thing I noticed at Tosin, was that he was always screaming/pointing where a teammate should pass the ball, yet he looked shaky with the ball and always went the safe option and gave a square ball or backpass. Looks lacking in confidence, or simply lacks the drive to impress. Time will tell

I know he’s young but for me, I don’t think he’ll ever be up to the level we need. Doesn’t look any better than Nervous neddy or Boyata in the past

Wouldnt be so quick to write him off as confidence is so important for centres backs. Stones looked similar to him at times last season and thats with plenty of first team experience under his belt.

Think he had the right ideas if not always executed well and will turn out to be a decent CB, my main concern with him is his agility as he is very lanky without the power to get himself moving, Per Mertesacker-esk. For our system I cant see someone without great mobility fitting in and would be amazed if coaching can speed him up significantly.

I feel for him a bit playing in that team but kids need to grab whatever opportunity they are given.

Not sure whether I would play him in the League Club v's Leicester. If we win that we are in the semis and it would be nice to get some silverware in the cupboard.

I don't really fancy Tosin against Vardy.

He really needs a move to get PT every week, hes at the age where he needs to play. Celtic would be a good move for him.

Very good game from the lad again. I still think he will eventually have to move on to get regular gametime but he definitely has a solid future ahead of him if he progresses as well as up until now.

Oh and the bit at the end where he shouted happily to Pep was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.