Tosin Adarabioyo

Really?

Ferdinand played 50 premier league games at Tosin's age AND was taken to Euro 96 for experience.

Kompany played 103 games for Anderlect both in the Belgian League and Champions League and had played 16 times for Belgium.

I'm sure if he was in West Ham's squad or Anderlect's, he'd have played plenty of games by now. Just as Richards and Onuha would not if they were in our squad now

It's about opportunities at that age, not necessarily their obvious or not so obvious abilities

Get him on the pitch(not tomorrow) and let's see what he can/can't do

Everton and Celtic are circling for Manchester City centre-back Tosin Adarabioyo (19), who is out of contract in the summer. [Telegraph]

Adarabioyo’s side are demanding an eye-watering financial package that City are uncomfortable meeting for a youngster. [Telegraph]

City fear bowing to these demands would open a can of worms, with other academy players then demanding similar paydays. [Telegraph]

If it's over money, rather than playing time, then obviously I've got less sympathy for him. Two sides to every story of course, but hope he doesn't make a decision he'll regret.

If it's over money, rather than playing time, then obviously I've got less sympathy for him. Two sides to every story of course, but hope he doesn't make a decision he'll regret.

As the article says, maybe his representatives think a large contract would be indicative of a proper first team role. First team sized contract, first team sized playing role.

Unfortunately it is the scenario of todays footballer. I hope we meet a compromise and get it sorted, this all depends though on what his agent is like because it will be him who is whispering in his ear

This could quite easily be leaked by City as an excuse if he did leave. It could be true, but there are defo two ways of looking at. All I know is that I hope he stays.

He won't have much say in it during negotiations and his advisers have obviously been offered decent terms elsewhere with likely a hefty sign on bonus.

Hopefully when all options are on the table for him he'll choose to stay.

Would be a huge loss as he's definitely going to grow into a PL player.

He's had promising performances with the youth side would be sad to see him go over money (If this is the scenario).

This could quite easily be leaked by City as an excuse if he did leave. It could be true, but there are defo two ways of looking at. All I know is that I hope he stays.

Everton & Celtic don't strike me as 2 clubs who are likely to hand a 19 y/o with 0 experience an "eye watering" contract either.

I can only assume it's a case of wanting a large package to show some sort of commitment to playing him.

The term eye watering package is misleading, an eye watering package for a youth player could be 20k a week but does tosin see himself as a youth player or first team squad player? 20k isn't alot for a squad player in the premier league and it depends what role the clubs trying to sign him see him fulfilling. I personally think he is good enough to start for some teams in the league and will only improve with experience. Really hope he stays but if he doesn't it's not down to him being greedy if because we havnt given him a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.