Transfer fees

Add North Korean spy to that list

Ohh you...!!!

GIF-Amused-galifianakis-galifinakis-smile-yes-zach-zach-galifianakis-zach-galifinakis-zack-GIF.gif

I'm in the opinion camp that £50 million is at the moment too high an estimation for Stones. Not that the value itself is exorbitant, because I agree that the market value is just that. But for Stones it is too high. My argument is that he is error prone and his average 4 costly defensive errors per season for the past 3 seasons points to that. Some argue it is because 1) he is under Martinez, or 2) he plays with wank players. That doesn't make him an instant £50mill hit with us. I also understand that Pep wants him and we should trust Pep. But the £50mil valuation did not come from us it came from his club. For all we know we are posturing an initial fee + addons deal or player swap addon, which I think is the more realistic and beneficial approach.

The club can spend £50mill for the player. It's their money. But I reserve my insignificant judgment until he plays a season with us. If he turns out a £50million player like KDB then good for us. But if he carries his form from everton, then what will we do next? Buy the next £50mill defender because clubs know we will pay that much?

Can we all get it in to our heads that they are what they are. I'm sick of reading he's not worth that he's not worth this. Who cares?

It really isn't our money,in essence it isn't even our owners money anymore,just like any other club we've been handed a load of dosh,albeit we can add to if required.

Let's get the players we need to make a much better challenge this time round and us fans should enjoy that and let our very business savvy chairman worry about the bill.

Chill.

Stones will go the same way as Sterling. You can see it in the thread about him. So many people who can't just shut up and let the club deal with the money side. Need to tell the world that he's not worth X millions. It's fucking tiresome when the club's opinion on a player's worth is the ONLY opinion that matters. By all means people should discuss his potential as a player, but the tedious nature of this is all too familiar to Sterling last summer.

Sometimes our supporters do the work of the bastard rags in the media for them.

The Premier League trough of cash has just increased by 70%
Crystal Palace are spending £31m on a player for goodness sake.
What worth has a player? Simple - As much as another club is prepared to pay + £1

Stones will go the same way as Sterling. You can see it in the thread about him. So many people who can't just shut up and let the club deal with the money side. Need to tell the world that he's not worth X millions. It's fucking tiresome when the club's opinion on a player's worth is the ONLY opinion that matters. By all means people should discuss his potential as a player, but the tedious nature of this is all too familiar to Sterling last summer.

Sometimes our supporters do the work of the bastard rags in the media for them.
spot on.

Can we all get it in to our heads that they are what they are. I'm sick of reading he's not worth that he's not worth this. Who cares?

It really isn't our money,in essence it isn't even our owners money anymore,just like any other club we've been handed a load of dosh,albeit we can add to if required.

Let's get the players we need to make a much better challenge this time round and us fans should enjoy that and let our very business savvy chairman worry about the bill.

Chill.

This. The only thing that matters is squad spots. That is where we are truly limited. If you want to worry...worry about that.

I cannot say for others who says £50mill is too high. For me it is to do with Stones and only Stones, not the fee. We can buy him form £200m for all I care as long as he solves our defensive problem. At the moment, Mangala's defensive stats are better than Stones, and there are defenders out there who have far better stats than Stones and wouldn't cost even half the £50m. My stand is that Everton is overestimating his price.

I'm in the opinion camp that £50 million is at the moment too high an estimation for Stones. Not that the value itself is exorbitant, because I agree that the market value is just that. But for Stones it is too high. My argument is that he is error prone and his average 4 costly defensive errors per season for the past 3 seasons points to that. Some argue it is because 1) he is under Martinez, or 2) he plays with wank players. That doesn't make him an instant £50mill hit with us. I also understand that Pep wants him and we should trust Pep. But the £50mil valuation did not come from us it came from his club. For all we know we are posturing an initial fee + addons deal or player swap addon, which I think is the more realistic and beneficial approach.

The club can spend £50mill for the player. It's their money. But I reserve my insignificant judgment until he plays a season with us. If he turns out a £50million player like KDB then good for us. But if he carries his form from everton, then what will we do next? Buy the next £50mill defender because clubs know we will pay that much?
Defenders with any kind of prem experience and english do not come cheap that is the bottom line,they all make mistakes so it's a bit much to point out the mistakes in a young player.Vinny makes mistakes as do the likes of Terry etc

I cannot say for others who says £50mill is too high. For me it is to do with Stones and only Stones, not the fee. We can buy him form £200m for all I care as long as he solves our defensive problem. At the moment, Mangala's defensive stats are better than Stones, and there are defenders out there who have far better stats than Stones and wouldn't cost even half the £50m. My stand is that Everton is overestimating his price.
I think that fair enough.

Chill.
Great post. I think some people are more concerned about getting value for money than good players. My favourite transfer forum post of the summer so far was someone saying that Aubameyang is worth no more than 25 million. Presumably posted by someone who has been in a coma for about 4 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.