Transfer Window to close before the Premier League season starts

It won't affect us much as we don't sell our best players,i am in in favour in general,not sure a world cup summer is the best time to try it out though

It will make a big difference for the team that finishes 4th and has to get through the playoffs for the Chumps league. They will be less attractive to the very best players than teams that have automatically qualified.

It will make a big difference for the team that finishes 4th and has to get through the playoffs for the Chumps league. They will be less attractive to the very best players than teams that have automatically qualified.

I think from next year 4 English teams go straight through to the groups so it won't matter, it might affect what those in the Europa League playoffs can do though.

If other leagues fall into line then no problem. If they don't it's dumb. Also WC year?

Reminds me of Arsenal pushing for the PL FFP rules on wage growth and then getting fucked in the arse over it this year. Unintended consequences and all that.

It won't affect us much as we don't sell our best players,i am in in favour in general,not sure a world cup summer is the best time to try it out though
I dont think it will affect us next season as Pep has said this summer we needed 5 or 6 new players something we wont be doing every year plus all buys have been young players for the future something the rags havent done

Premier League clubs vote to shut the transfer window before the start of the season starting from next season, it wasn't unanimous but there was the majority required (14 votes).

Have a feeling there is going to be a few Premier League clubs regretting this when Europe has an extra 3 weeks to pick at their players. It won't affect us, although it's not ideal but it will probably affect Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool etc... those clubs that either don't match ambitions or salaries.

People will say 'well PL clubs will just choose not to sell' but the big European clubs are clever, they'll speak to players agents and get in their heads. They'll have 3 weeks to piss around, unsettling players, upping their bids by a couple of million every day etc...

And in the middle of a world cup , clubs that havent bought for the future (rags , arselona , spurs , lpool) will be the ones regretting their decision

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.