Transfer Window to close before the Premier League season starts

Bundesliga have already talked about doing this. I expect they'll follow suit at some point. UEFA have already said that moving the window to before any of the major leagues start is something they'll look at.

Fully expect the rest of Europe to follow suit and I don't get the argument about Premier League players getting poached. How many times in recent windows have any of out top teams had players nicked by other teams? I may be overlooking some but the whole Coutinho thing this window is a rarity rather than being commonplace.

How many times in recent windows have any of out top teams had players nicked by other teams? I may be overlooking some but the whole Coutinho thing this window is a rarity rather than being commonplace.
Think Bale to Madrid was pretty last minute and De Gea to Madrid should have been.
I think closing the transfer window before the season begins makes sense but should be Europe wide and they should determine who has qualified for CL and EL first.

Not up to Pep though. Also, just because he wants it to end before the season starts, he is hopefully not dumb enough to want the PL to do it unilaterally.
I agree with that,someone has to go first and the rest will probably do it as well,it'll make the summer interesting for sure

Bundesliga have already talked about doing this. I expect they'll follow suit at some point. UEFA have already said that moving the window to before any of the major leagues start is something they'll look at.

Fully expect the rest of Europe to follow suit and I don't get the argument about Premier League players getting poached. How many times in recent windows have any of out top teams had players nicked by other teams? I may be overlooking some but the whole Coutinho thing this window is a rarity rather than being commonplace.

It's not them getting nicked per say that's the problem. It's the fact that with the window still open in Europe, players cans still have their head turned. Doesn't stop the Coutinho scenario where he's yet to kick a ball for Liverpool this season. Doesn't stop an Arsenal type performance at Liverpool if players are angling for a move to a European team. So this idea of teams being 'prepared for the season' still won't be the case until all of the European windows shut.

The question will then be: 'Will the European Leagues close their windows?'
I'd say the answer to that will be no. Tebas, given what has gone on recently, will see this as an opportunity for Spanish League, so there is no way he's going to agree to 'even things out'. The French league won't agree to it if the Spanish League wont. Other European Leagues will probably see this as an opportunity; chance to purchase from other European clubs for cheaper (great for their FFP concerns) and a chance to bend the English clubs over a barrel, knowing full well that they have 3 weeks after us to use as a price negotiating tactic. Transfers will get much more expensive if the windows for each league are irregular.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.