Trouble in the East Stand??

Uber Blue said:
Vic said:
19bluemoon77 said:
i am one of the many who as been given the showsec treatment,i am a st holder in section 109 at the back but for the birmingham game i took my 12 year old grandson and his 12 year old friend i bought 3 tickets on row 3 his mother and grandmother were sat in our seats at the rear the weather on the night was bad it had been raining most of the day so all the seats were wet as we arrived at our seats showsec stewards were telling some young men about 16 years of age to sit down the lads said all the seats are wet they were not being rude in any way but the showsec steward just told them to sit down wich they did,there were other people stoodin front and at both sides of us but they then told me to sit down and i refused this went on for 5mins or so another steward came over to back up his mate i tried to explaine i am 53 i am registerd disabled and not prepared to sit in the rain soaked seat for 2 hours i said get me a towel so i can wipe my seat and then i will sit down he said "it`s not my job" at this point i went to the toilets to calm down but on leaving the toilets i was met by 8 stewards and ejected i did not argue just left,i had to phone my wife in the stadium to go and get my grandson and his friend who by now had got wet pants because the showsec stewards had made them sit down,i have emailed the club 4 times not one reply and sent 3 letters 2 of them to peter flecther guess what no reply, we spend millions on players and like to show the world that we are the club from manchester for the real football fan but really are we? come on city lets get back to basics!! we may have a rich owner but he can walk away at any time and the club will still be here but without our loyal fans the club will die!!!!

From piles by the sound of things.

Anyway, I was shouting "sit down" on Saturday - at all the people in front of me on tier 2 standing up to look at the fracas below rather than watch the game.

Someone made the point about 40 pages back - allowing standing in 109 doesn't just block the view in seats behind. 109 is a crucial area because it's not level with or behind the goal, so if you allow standing there, the people sat in the next block 107 can't see all the pitch, and so on. Plainly it's a beggar if many people thought (or were misled into thinking) they'd be able to stand when they bought seasoncards for that area, but clamping down on it seems to have been so as not to draw attention to the way it was being tolerated elsewhere. But for some people enough is never enough and now that attention has been drawn to it, I fear that will be counterproductive.

After the incident stewards had to get people in 213 to sit down, and my thought then (without knowing what had gone on) was that the case for allowing standing had been put back (and not advanced as many on here seem to think) because the Council may be unable to turn a blind eye.

The arguments about whether it's illegal to stand or not are frankly irrelevant (except as to what powers stewards/police have). The bottom line is that not doing what a steward tells you [/size](however unreasonable) is against the ground regulations and renders you liable to ejection - and you cannot expect the club to say that any attempt to stop someone being ejected can justify a mini-riot. (We can all think of daft crowd management stuff, and obviously Hillsborough was a classic case of where obeying the authorities by not being allowed on the pitch was disastrous, but these aren't the norm - and everyone accepts the ground regs by buying a ticket.)

It might have been totally unreasonable to have the heart-problem man ejected (that will emerge), but I'm yet to be convinced that others coming to his "defence" helped him, the situation, or the campaign for safe standing. Nor frankly will some of the stuff on here for attacking stewards, and some other ways to "protest".

The only way to get safe standing is to persuade MPs to change the law. Having a ruckus every game doesn't seem likely to help.

What if a steward asks you to give him a nosh at half time in the toilets?

get ready for dirty knees and cum dribbling down your chin ?

bobmcfc said:
Uber Blue said:
Vic said:
From piles by the sound of things.

Anyway, I was shouting "sit down" on Saturday - at all the people in front of me on tier 2 standing up to look at the fracas below rather than watch the game.

Someone made the point about 40 pages back - allowing standing in 109 doesn't just block the view in seats behind. 109 is a crucial area because it's not level with or behind the goal, so if you allow standing there, the people sat in the next block 107 can't see all the pitch, and so on. Plainly it's a beggar if many people thought (or were misled into thinking) they'd be able to stand when they bought seasoncards for that area, but clamping down on it seems to have been so as not to draw attention to the way it was being tolerated elsewhere. But for some people enough is never enough and now that attention has been drawn to it, I fear that will be counterproductive.

After the incident stewards had to get people in 213 to sit down, and my thought then (without knowing what had gone on) was that the case for allowing standing had been put back (and not advanced as many on here seem to think) because the Council may be unable to turn a blind eye.

The arguments about whether it's illegal to stand or not are frankly irrelevant (except as to what powers stewards/police have). The bottom line is that not doing what a steward tells you [/size](however unreasonable) is against the ground regulations and renders you liable to ejection - and you cannot expect the club to say that any attempt to stop someone being ejected can justify a mini-riot. (We can all think of daft crowd management stuff, and obviously Hillsborough was a classic case of where obeying the authorities by not being allowed on the pitch was disastrous, but these aren't the norm - and everyone accepts the ground regs by buying a ticket.)

It might have been totally unreasonable to have the heart-problem man ejected (that will emerge), but I'm yet to be convinced that others coming to his "defence" helped him, the situation, or the campaign for safe standing. Nor frankly will some of the stuff on here for attacking stewards, and some other ways to "protest".

The only way to get safe standing is to persuade MPs to change the law. Having a ruckus every game doesn't seem likely to help.

get ready for dirty knees and cum dribbling down your chin ?

Apparently so...

Uber Blue said:
Vic said:

I'll refer him to you - and I did say ejection not ecajulation

Vic said:
Uber Blue said:
Vic said:

But what if he only desires you? Although unreasonable would you have to obey his command?

Uber Blue said:
Vic said:
Uber Blue said:

But what if he only desires you? Although unreasonable would you have to obey his command?
I'm stopping this now - as I'm leaving for the match - but if it's a choice between a tossing off and a tossing out, I'll take the exit strategy

Vic said:
Uber Blue said:
Vic said:

I'm stopping this now - as I'm leaving for the match - but if it's a choice between a tossing off and a tossing out, I'll take the exit strategy

What if it was a choice of you tossing off, or being tossed off by, that rat faced ShowSec guy?

what does ACAB stand for?? loads of people put it and a lot of interest from Romania on that video!!

EDIT: Not just Romania but worldwide!

marios stress ball said:
what does ACAB stand for?? loads of people put it and a lot of interest from Romania on that video!!

EDIT: Not just Romania but worldwide!

When I were a nipper it were All Coppers Are Bastards. Don't know if that's what they mean ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.