True Legends

Congratulations on completely failing to read my reasons for not considering him a legend. (here's a hint, it wasn't "not scoring enough big goals")

Congratulations on completely failing to read my reasons for not considering him a legend. (here's a hint, it wasn't "not scoring enough big goals")
I couldn't give a shit about the off field antics, he's arguably City's most important player ever. Simple as

Either you weren't there or you don't give a shit but I remember each and every one of those moments, not one of them could be ruined by his crying or his agent.

Edit: I've had a season ticket since I was four and don't think his negatives ever got near outweighing the positives.

I couldn't give a shit about the off field antics, he's arguably City's most important player ever. Simple as

Either you weren't there or you don't give a shit but I remember each and every one of those moments, not one of them could be ruined by his crying or his agent.
The moment wasn't ruined, but my opinion of him is. Zaba isn't half as talented as Yaya and hasn't scored the "important goals" that Yaya has, but he's ten times the legend Yaya will ever be because he's bought in and is one of us, he cares. If you don't respect the club, you aren't a legend, not for me anyway.

I will miss Yaya the player (I pretty much already have the past 2 or 3 years) but I will miss Pablo Zabaleta the man. Big difference

The moment wasn't ruined, but my opinion of him is. Zaba isn't half as talented as Yaya and hasn't scored the "important goals" that Yaya has, but he's ten times the legend Yaya will ever be because he's bought in and is one of us, he cares. If you don't respect the club, you aren't a legend, not for me anyway.

I will miss Yaya the player (I pretty much already have the past 2 or 3 years) but I will miss Pablo Zabaleta the man. Big difference
It isn't a Yaya or Zaba question so wake up and stop being a pedantic arse. Both are legends for multiple reasons and both have contributed a lot to City. If Yaya didn't do what he did we might well be an FA Cup, a League Cup and two Premier League's down (and that's just taking the 'big' moments into account)

It isn't a Yaya or Zaba question so wake up and stop being a pedantic arse. Both are legends for multiple reasons and both have contributed a lot to City. If Yaya didn't do what he did we might well be an FA Cup, a League Cup and two Premier League's down (and that's just taking the 'big' moments into account)
Again, at what point did I ever question his contribution to our success? That's not enough to be a legend in my book, clearly you disagree, but to me it's about more than that.

Again, at what point did I ever question his contribution to our success? That's not enough to be a legend in my book, clearly you disagree, but to me it's about more than that.
I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. All I know is match going fans are still singing his song every game so I'll stick with that :). Our current manager has said a hell of a lot more to disrespect our club and he's still the messiah so what do I know....

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. All I know is match going fans are still singing his song every game so I'll stick with that :). Our current manager has said a hell of a lot more to disrespect our club and he's still the messiah so what do I know....

Did our current manager (in fact any manager or player in our history) tell the press the club wouldn't allow him to mourn his brothers death?

That makes Yaya a cnut of a human being, simple as that really. Forget the cakes, forget the "I want to leave" stories every season, forget the previous 2 years of pure laziness on the pitch and forget the drink driving (which also is against his so called religion) and just you concentrate on the goals he scored if it makes you proud. He's nearly as bad as the so called man who tears families apart over the road. Truth hurts doesn't it.

As Zaba said "it's not just about football, it's about being professional off the field and showing loyalty to the club" but then again he must be wrong too in your eyes.

I always wished Dunney Monster had solidified his legacy by staying on a few more year into the trophy era. But he wasn't that good of a player esp his last couple of years at Villa. It always felt like we sent him off to purgatory there with Ireland. Well, I don't give a crap about Stephen but Dunney always gave his all for City.

I'm only going to include five players I've seen live in this lifetime who I consider to be club" legends as in their contributions to the City cause...
Would've been great to have seen Colin Bell in his Prime.

David Silva
Yaya
Vincent Kompany
Sergio Aguero
Pablo Zabaleta

Sounds like respect and loyalty mean zilch to you so I can understand that you would not include either in your concept of legend.

And you haven't moved in from 4 with your comments about guardiola. See really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.