TV Series

Bit of light humour in "Making History"

School caretaker has a time travelling duffel bag and messes up the History of the American civil war. He convinces History professor to help him put history right.

"Why do we Americans need so many guns"
"We need these guns to stop people from taking our guns off us"

13 reasons why

It's brilliant,a hard watch at times but superbly well done.

Just finished this last night. Not sure who was the target audience was (I suspect not me), but was hooked throughout. I thought the pacing was excellent. Agree with others that is exceptionally well acted and a good original story. I have always favoured stories that don't have a typical Hollywood ending where they live happily ever after - I don't think that's a spoiler by the way. If anyone hasn't seen it, the ending is revealed at the beginning and the series is about how it got to that point during the 13 episodes.

I am a little concerned that it could be perceived as glamourising suicide. Its a difficult subject matter, which in some respects they have dealt with an adult way, but I'm not sure it would be a good thing for young, troubled people to watch - despite the messages to seek help etc.

Sounds like there will be a second series anyway, which is not surprising given the success it is enjoying. There is an obvious issue to overcome with that, but I could see a possible extension to the story from the last episode, focusing on a different character.

Born To Kill [Channel 4, Daniel Mays, Sharon Small]

Watched first one last night, most odd. I will see what episode two is like tonight.

Just finished this last night. Not sure who was the target audience was (I suspect not me), but was hooked throughout. I thought the pacing was excellent. Agree with others that is exceptionally well acted and a good original story. I have always favoured stories that don't have a typical Hollywood ending where they live happily ever after - I don't think that's a spoiler by the way. If anyone hasn't seen it, the ending is revealed at the beginning and the series is about how it got to that point during the 13 episodes.

I am a little concerned that it could be perceived as glamourising suicide. Its a difficult subject matter, which in some respects they have dealt with an adult way, but I'm not sure it would be a good thing for young, troubled people to watch - despite the messages to seek help etc.

Sounds like there will be a second series anyway, which is not surprising given the success it is enjoying. There is an obvious issue to overcome with that, but I could see a possible extension to the story from the last episode, focusing on a different character.

See with this 13 reasons why show i too have no idea who the target audience is? It was adapted from a young adults book, which suggests to me it is aimed at the twilight, teenage girl audience? Really putting me off watching it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.