Txiki Begiristain

Out of curiousity, what was the measurement of success against that element of his role?
I will openly admit to not knowing Txikis specific TOR, hence why, I will not offer any opinion on whether he is failing or exceeding at his job. The fact that he is still in post does suggest he might be doing something right. Other than that, as fans, we can only speculate, but as per normal, many on here think they know best Always happy to discuss opinions,

Cracking post. Totally highlights just how little you're understanding what I'm saying.

I repeat, it's there for all to see, he's doing some fantastic work. I have stated that several times.
I think much of what he's doing/done is brilliant. I've never said otherwise. Under no circumstances would I replace him.

Much like players, he has his attributes and his weaknesses. If It's ok for me to say Hart's a brilliant shot stopper but could improve his kicking.
Or Mangala has all the tools but lacks consistency.
Surely it's ok to say Txiki is bringing in some fantastic players, developing the clubs youth to a impeccably high standard but I'm a little concerned about the age and size of squad and the likely position we'll find ourselves in when it comes to moving players on?

People don't seem to be able to discuss Txiki, that's my issue. The national press are reporting we are struggling to offload certain players.
I have my theories and concerns why, yet I'm a wum or a rag.

That fact that I'm concerned about our log jam of deadwood, the fact that I see this as Txiki's department doesn't mean I want the guy gone or think he's shit at his job. It certainly doesn't make me a rag.

Our deadwood is clearly an issue. Our squad size is clearly an issue. Iheanacho, Nasri & Jovetic have all been direct victims of our squad being too big.

Players like Fernandinho, De Bruyne, the youth development, the hopeful potential signings of Jesus, Moreno & Sane are all perfect reasons to praise the man, and deservedly so.
So is us not struggling to shift deadwood, our terrible foundations to negotiate outgoings not worth scrutiny?

Rolee et al come back with the same thing, basic excuses. Fact remains, we are struggling to shift players and being in a position where all potential buyers know you're desperate to move players on will not help.
Non have been able to admit that our squad size is a terrible negotiation foundation. Even though it's painfully obvious.

Liverpool just got £13 million for Joe Allen. He has 1 year left on his deal.
I don't wish to compare him to our players in anyway, I'm not interested in that. Or us to Liverpool.
However if Liverpool or club X had 20 senior players for just 17 positions, do you think Stoke or club Y would have offered that much?
Or do you think they'd have tried to screw them down knowing their desperation to move players out?
If Liverpool or club X didn't get an offer they wanted they could have just kept him. We don't have that luxury.

Bullshit, I acknowledged numerous times that it was a poor base for negotiations, I offered up reasons to why we find ourselves in that position that make Txiki's negotiating base difficult to begin with and its dismissed as excuses.

Like I said, insufferable.

All this bashing of Txiki came from that article by Simon Mullock didn't it?

I wonder who passed the info on to him...

Yet more assumptions about who we are trying to get rid of assumptions about how much they are on and assumptions about how difficult they are to shift and assumptions about who is to blame for this

As a brainless yes man I would like to make one final contribution to this debate.

Firstly, I don't know how you can be so certain that the way you suggest the DOF operates within the club is correct. Clearly the job spec you have mentioned is relevant and broadly covers what the man does/is detailed to do. But in reality every organisation has its own peculiarities and nuances and an outsider such as yourself is not in possession of enough information to be as clear cut in your assertions. It would make sense to me to assume that the DOF is an important but not the deciding voice in the recruitment process.

Secondly, IMO an objective assessment of his performance would be a 7/8 out of 10. He does have to bear some responsibility for the current glut of ageing players and perhaps one or two contracts have transpired to be unfavourable to the club. However, while everyone is entitled to their own opinion I believe that he has performed his duties reasonably well.

I think he's doing a brilliant job. I've never said otherwise.

I see the Txiki thread as good a place as any to voice my concerns about certain recruitment/sales issues. As recruitment directly falls under his remit.
I imagine if I started a new thread with my concerns and discussing the widely reported struggle to shift certain players it would be moved in here.

I don't hold him totally responsible for anything, those with an inability to question him with regards outgoings throw incomings at you as reason to praise him. If he's praised for his signings, by the same logic he could be questioned on his outgoings too.

People are too quick to jump to a conclusion. If you blame him for outgoings, you don't know his remit. Yet if you praise him for his incomings you do know is remit? How does that work out?
Because I have concerns about our back log of players, doesn't mean I think he's not doing a brilliant job.

My concern regards Txiki, we have 20+ players for 17 spots. We are looking to increase our squad. That makes it very hard to shift players on if all the other clubs know you are desperate to do so. Makes it impossible to get value.
I rarely agree with Kneville Neville but I noticed him say somewhere that we can't simply keep players and offer them no football, no squad number.
It would be incredibly damaging to our reputation and amongst agents.
If it's being reported in the Red tops that were desperate to move player X, you can bet the vultures are circling and we'll have to milk some very good players away. This for me is Txiki's department.

Ar
Yet more assumptions about who we are trying to get rid of assumptions about how much they are on and assumptions about how difficult they are to shift and assumptions about who is to blame for this
Are the PL rules and CL ruled assumptions? I assume you know 21 is too many for both?

Cracking post. Totally highlights just how little you're understanding what I'm saying.

I repeat, it's there for all to see, he's doing some fantastic work. I have stated that several times.
I think much of what he's doing/done is brilliant. I've never said otherwise. Under no circumstances would I replac
Much like players, he has his attributes and his weaknesses. If It's ok for me to say Hart's a brilliant shot stopper but could improve his kicking.
Surely it's ok to say Txiki is bringing in some fantastic players, developing the clubs youth to a impeccably high standard but I'm a little concerned about the age and size of squad and the likely position we'll find ourselves in when it comes to moving players on?

People don't seem to be able to discuss Txiki, that's my issue. The national press are reporting we are struggling to offload certain players.

That fact that I'm concerned about our log jam of deadwood, the fact that I see this as Txiki's department doesn't mean I want the guy gone or think he's shit at his job. It certainly doesn't make me a rag.

Our deadwood is clearly an issue. Our squad size is clearly an issue. Iheanacho, Nasri & Jovetic have all been direct victims of our squad being too big.

Players like Fernandinho, De Bruyne, the youth development, the hopeful potential signings of Jesus, Moreno & Sane are all perfect reasons to praise the man, and deservedly so.
So is us not struggling to shift deadwood, our terrible foundations to negotiate outgoings not worth scrutiny?

Rolee et al come back with the same thing, basic excuses. Fact remains, we are struggling to shift players and being in a position where all potential buyers know you're desperate to move players on will not help.
Non have been able to admit that our squad size is a terrible negotiation foundation. Even though it's painfully obvious.

I don't wish to compare him to our players in anyway, I'm not interested in that. Or us to Liverpool.
However if Liverpool or club X had 20 senior players for just 17 positions, do you think Stoke or club Y would have offered that much?
Or do you think they'd have tried to screw them down knowing their desperation to move players out?
If Liverpool or club X didn't get an offer they wanted they could have just kept him. We don't have that luxury.
Easy to masay a player can imp

I think much of what he's doing/done is brilliant. I've never said otherwise. Under no circumstances would I replace him.

We would all agree that we are not in an ideal position. Your argument appears to be that is all down to Txiki. Unless you have his terms of reference and his objectives for this window, your argument can be nothing more than an opinion. Would you agree.

Easy to masay a player can imp

We would all agree that we are not in an ideal position. Your argument appears to be that is all down to Txiki. Unless you have his terms of reference and his objectives for this window, your argument can be nothing more than an opinion. Would you agree.

No, it's not all down to Txiki, but it is his department. Recruitment and sales are in his remit. Does he sanction every aspect of every deal? I doubt it.
But our back log, our apparent struggles to move players on is a topic for discussion and for me it's in Txiki's department, thus his thread.

So you're right, it may not be all him. But as of yet, I'm yet to see you or anyone else pull up someone for praising his good work. We all seem to know his remit regards praise but not scrutiny.
If he's praised for his signings, then his out goings fall into the same field surely?

My argument certainly is not that it's all down to him. It's that its his department and questioned should be asked.
Ironically despite us all being 'ITK fuck alls' praise can be lavivished but he can not questioned.

If you lavish him with praise you are by all accounts an ITK, if you're concerned by a small aspect of transfers you either know fuck all, are a WUM or a rag.

Well, I don't claim to be in the know, I don't claim to know the entirety of his job description. I do however have concerns with our squad, the contract status of certain players and our ability to negotiate decent deals for our outgoing players. And I do believe voicing those concerns in a thread for the Director of Ffotball is the right place to do it.

No evidence. Just a educated guess based on the average wages of the club's they were at.

If we take a mean and believe he's on £87.5 k a week then. Do you believe that to be near quadruple what he was on at Swansea? I do.

Do I think we should have to offer such a rise to such a player? No.

With regards to your hypothetical, I think Txiki should tell Bony's agent to go fuck himself. Bony should be worth to us, what we think he's worth. He should jump through hoops for us, not the other way round.
He wasn't an elite player, he was previously linked to the likes of Spurs.

Surely the fact that he's failed badly despite unparralled support from his manager, every opportunity to play with some outstanding players would indicate perhaps he's not worth such wages. Coupled with the fact that it appears we are really struggling to shift him on with his current wages.

We have a proven player, with a very good top flight goal scoring record in the peak of his career. No other club is prepared to meet our value or his wages. Does that not indicate we gave him too good a deal??

Other clubs either don't want him because of his fee and wages. Or as I suspect other clubs do want him, but know how desperate we are to shift him on and are waiting to bid us in the balls.

Premier league clubs have never been richer, China have never been so aggressive in the market.

Either way you look at it, what ever way you fancy spinning it. We've either valued him too high for the current market or other clubs are waiting to exploit our position and pull our pants down.
Both are points I've raised and feel worthy of discussion.

Many many years ago it was reported the average wage in the prem is 40k a week that will be on the low side now. Not that along ago it was reported that we pay 75k with loads of bonuses so less than half the average and Bony was above average before coming to us so Logic would suggest he was on more than 40k.

Most players wages are not reported

Reports are often in accurate

Lots of transfers do not get covered in the papers

Only a couple of weeks ago loads of our players seemed really close to leaving We have no idea why this has not happened

We have no idea who we do not want and why we cannot get rid of them

I would personally guess that the list of players we may want rid of are Kolarov and Bony (Though personally I do not want to see us have only 2 strikers and feel Bony can improve though am ready to give up on him) possibly also Zab Navas though I am less convinced about us wanting rid f Navas.We have been linked with only a few fullbacks and its gone quite now. I have not herd Pep say who he wants rid of and people seem confident he would asses players on pre season rather than making quick decisions so he may only have just decided who to get rid of He will want to move out some kids for first team football. I would consider loaning Denayer for games assuming we get Stones

No, it's not all down to Txiki, but it is his department. Recruitment and sales are in his remit. Does he sanction every aspect of every deal? I doubt it.
But our back log, our apparent struggles to move players on is a topic for discussion and for me it's in Txiki's department, thus his thread.

So you're right, it may not be all him. But as of yet, I'm yet to see you or anyone else pull up someone for praising his good work. We all seem to know his remit regards praise but not scrutiny.
If he's praised for his signings, then his out goings fall into the same field surely?

My argument certainly is not that it's all down to him. It's that its his department and questioned should be asked.
Ironically despite us all being 'ITK fuck alls' praise can be lavivished but he can not questioned.

If you lavish him with praise you are by all accounts an ITK, if you're concerned by a small aspect of transfers you either know fuck all, are a WUM or a rag.

Well, I don't claim to be in the know, I don't claim to know the entirety of his job description. I do however have concerns with our squad, the contract status of certain players and our ability to negotiate decent deals for our outgoing players. And I do believe voicing those concerns in a thread for the Director of Ffotball is the right place to do it.
Wouldnt ague with any of that. What we do t know is what is or has been done to rectify the situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.