Txiki Begiristain

He delivered last summer too. And the one before.

There's more chance of Khaldoon losing his job than Txiki

Were you saying that in the cup semi when we were bringing on Fernando & Delph?

I think this season highlighted just how imbalanced our recruitment has been.

Silva is an amazing signing at an amazing price.
He doesn't address our obvious issues though.
So I personally won't be blowing Txiki's pipe till we have a balanced squad.
Rumours are, we will have. If we get what we need then fair fucks to Txiki. Delighted for him, City all of us!!

But last season our squad, recent recruitment and a squad physically incapable of competing was on him.

After today he's Sir Txiki for me.
Really? Fair enough. Don't get me wrong it looks a very good bit of business but I don't think many were doubting his ability to identify and sign attacking talent. I will be happier when we get in the defensive signings we need, ones who go on to actually defend well for us because his record so far on this has not been great. Today though I have mixed feelings, we have made an exciting signing but ultimately we are crying out for some really good defenders and the first thing we have done is gone out and added to our attacking midfielders. I thought he was trying to turn us into Barca not Arsenal.

Really? Fair enough. Don't get me wrong it looks a very good bit of business but I don't think many were doubting his ability to identify and sign attacking talent. I will be happier when we get in the defensive signings we need, ones who go on to actually defend well for us because his record so far on this has not been great. Today though I have mixed feelings, we have made an exciting signing but ultimately we are crying out for some really good defenders and the first thing we have done is gone out and added to our attacking midfielders. I thought he was trying to turn us into Barca not Arsenal.
"Always look on the bright side of life........"

Surely you prioritise the players who are most in demand and try to steal a march on rivals for the signing?

We seem to have Walker tied up, maybe Mendy and there probably isn't a huge queue of clubs wanting to spend 50-60m on a top class CB so perhaps we can play a waiting game there, particularly if we have a few names on a shortlist?

We needed to do something to turn the spotlight back onto us after a great week for United and announcing the signing of an exciting young forward who had been linked with them will do nicely. It's certainly taken the bloom off the rose in Ragland who are now in full on denial mode.

Good work by Txiki and the team IMO.

Great start from him in the close season, in dof terms he's scored before the whistle has even blown.

No letting up let's keep banging them in.

Fair play to Txiki for getting this one wrapped up early, ive not been a fan of his tbh but let's see what follows in the rest of the summer need to address the defence now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.