Uber London loses licence to operate

It certainly is.
X43 for rawtenstall, x41 for shit town aka Hasi

If I was 14 again i'd be getting on that X43 and sorting those posh seats out with a leaky biro. I don't catch any of those buses anymore and I don't have to be the only person on the bus sad and lonely anymore.
There was one lad an Asian driver and he always seemed to be on the bus I caught, he had to be a robot the amount of hours he worked.

If I was 14 again i'd be getting on that X43 and sorting those posh seats out with a leaky biro. I don't catch any of those buses anymore and I don't have to be the only person on the bus sad and lonely anymore.
There was one lad an Asian driver and he always seemed to be on the bus I caught, he had to be a robot the amount of hours he worked.
And I'd be the one telling you off for listening to your music on your phone and swearing at your mates

Granted; employment rights are being eroded across the board, but the council haven't banned Uber because of employment rights. The problem is that the Black Cabs have had it their own way for years, and as soon as another company steps in and offers the consumer a better deal it puts noses out of joint. It's just simple market forces.
But that better deal is facilitated by them basically ignoring all the laws and regulations that have been established over many years to govern the markets they're now disrupting. The "simple market forces" argument doesn't work when one side is playing by one set of rules and the other side is just ignoring them.

I regularly use Uber but I can understand why they're finally being brought to task over this (same with Airbnb). The problem was the authorities not reacting quickly enough to introduce regulation that is fit for the modern era.

Absolute bollocks but carry on, times change, black cabs are a bygone era, 10 years we will have driverless cars, what will be your excuse then?

My word you sound very fiesty tonight our kid ?
Highlight the part that's bollocks and explain in detail why.
In 10 years we will not have driverless cars and I don't need any excuse regardless of the potential for a Johhny cab because I have not antogonised the London licensing team.

Let me tell you what really needs to be done.
Uber were given time to get there act-shit-bollocks in order by tfl but chose instead to bury their heads in the sand.
The result = the situation we have now with uber being classified as not fit and proper to trade accompanied by an almost queen of hearts ourpouring of grief and tantrumatic dummy spitting.Why has Elvidge left it so late to clean up his mess.They have a right of appeal and should put this to good use to rectify issues to hand and comply with policy.

Abide by the law and abide by regulations set out by tfl
They must tender information relating to serious crimes as and when requested.
Much more stringest vetting of drivers.
They should undergo an examination on area knowledge even if that does not extend to the limits of the London knowledge.
All drivers regardless of private hire uber or hackney should undergo an English profficiency test.A basic command of the queens English.
Numeracy skills for cash payments.
Take an advanced driving test in line with other authorities to demonstrate an ability to control your taxi safely.
All cabs to fitted with cctv for protection of the driver and the passengers.

All of the above should be applied country wide to maintain high standards and protect the customer base.
As an addedendum I would like to see the freedom of information act regarding criminal activity and sexual assaults broken down between Public and Private hire.
Is the problem predominantly with black cabs which some forum members have asked or is it with uber.
A correct breakdown of the data would help to assess the problem.
You abide by the laws laid down or your considered not fit and proper.It's not a difficult concept really it isn't.

You tell me why you think they lost their right to trade ?

My word you sound very fiesty tonight our kid ?
Highlight the part that's bollocks and explain in detail why.
In 10 years we will not have driverless cars and I don't need any excuse regardless of the potential for a Johhny cab because I have not antogonised the London licensing team.

Let me tell you what really needs to be done.
Uber were given time to get there act-shit-bollocks in order by tfl but chose instead to bury their heads in the sand.
The result = the situation we have now with uber being classified as not fit and proper to trade accompanied by an almost queen of hearts ourpouring of grief and tantrumatic dummy spitting.Why has Elvidge left it so late to clean up his mess.They have a right of appeal and should put this to good use to rectify issues to hand and comply with policy.

Abide by the law and abide by regulations set out by tfl
They must tender information relating to serious crimes as and when requested.
Much more stringest vetting of drivers.
They should undergo an examination on area knowledge even if that does not extend to the limits of the London knowledge.
All drivers regardless of private hire uber or hackney should undergo an English profficiency test.A basic command of the queens English.
Numeracy skills for cash payments.
Take an advanced driving test in line with other authorities to demonstrate an ability to control your taxi safely.
All cabs to fitted with cctv for protection of the driver and the passengers.

All of the above should be applied country wide to maintain high standards and protect the customer base.
As an addedendum I would like to see the freedom of information act regarding criminal activity and sexual assaults broken down between Public and Private hire.
Is the problem predominantly with black cabs which some forum members have asked or is it with uber.
A correct breakdown of the data would help to assess the problem.
You abide by the laws laid down or your considered not fit and proper.It's not a difficult concept really it isn't.

You tell me why you think they lost their right to trade ?
It's a fucking disgrace that there aren't national minimum standards but tbf the Black Cab Association put the blocks on that (and many other changes) when the Law Commission did their report a couple of years ago. The London Black Cabbies are far from blameless.

It's a fucking disgrace that there aren't national minimum standards but tbf the Black Cab Association put the blocks on that (and many other changes) when the Law Commission did their report a couple of years ago. The London Black Cabbies are far from blameless.

An absolute disgrace and should be addressed.
Same regulations for all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.