UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing is deliberately timed to cause maximum damage - match against Madrid coming up and Cup Final. UEFA are making a colossal mistake - I think some in UEFA know it.

i hope so as the timing is very poor in respect to all competitions & all the teams city are still to play. If we have broke the corrupt laws fine charge us at the end of the season not now.

at least city will never have to explain the booing anymore. Can’t wait for Madrid game uefa are in for a shock

We wouldn’t be challenging FFP in CAS, so I am not sure what sort of point you are making here.
I was replying to sir baconface who said we should challenge the legality of FFP, Galatasaray did and lost:

sir baconface said:
I’d just love us to get the fcukers on the legality of FFP itself. It always was a blatant protection racket (to use Martin Samuel’s apt description) but, until now, no club’s had sufficient motivation or cash to challenge it in court.

I think Martín Samuel has made a pretty strong statement as to who is behind this. Add Real Madrid and Bayern Munich to the “Traditional Red Alliance” and I think you have the accusers, the prosecution and the judges.

Everyone knows but it is proving it that is the problem. The truth usually comes out but if it finally does the damage will have been done.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/item/the-deficiency-of-fairness-in-financial-fair-play

Galatasaray v UEFA18

During 2014/15 Galatasaray exceeded the acceptable loss by over €130m, thus breaching FFP and the settlement agreement they had reached with the CFCB. The CFCB Adjudicatory Chamber excluded Galatasaray from UEFA competition for two seasons. Galatasaray appealed the decision to CAS arguing that FFP is illegal under EU Competition law.19The CAS Panel roundly rejected the arguments of Galatasaray and was critical of the club for "relying heavily on press articles" and suggesting "that the main objective of the break-even rule is to impede small clubs" ability to invest and recruit new talented players’.20 It was found that the objective of FFP is as argued by UEFA - to promote financial stability of clubs.
Thanks for correcting me, mate. That doesn’t sound good. Whether CAS decisions are 100% incontestable is moot. Some on here are saying so but I’d want to hear it from qualified legal experts before accepting it.

Sadly that’s not changed, as anyone unfortunate enough to bump into me in Madrid will attest to.

I am going to bring sandwiches for us to share on the plane. Do you like tuna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.