UEFA Women's Euro 2017

Looked to me that the system we played was from the Peg school of coaching - kick & rush & dive when near the box. Sad to see Shrek panto antics. The ref was a bit of a homer, but was not the cause of us losing.

I think if women's football is going to progress further, there has to be less of the 'we've done great to get this far' attitude.

It's not a social club, they were there to win a tournament.

They might never get a better chance.

To be fair that's usually the attitude of the men's team as well with less likelihood of winning the tournament.

To be fair that's usually the attitude of the men's team as well with less likelihood of winning the tournament.

Not sure what that's got to do with anything.

The women were favourites to win it.

The men's performance is irrelevant.

Some of the keeping in the tournament has been woeful. That third Dutch goal just now; you needed a calendar to time the speed of the shot, yet the Danish keeper didn't even try to get to it.

I don't think poor goalkeeping is the main reason for the scoreline today. Even though the shots weren't outrageously powerful, they were strong, low and precise. Really good finishing. There was one with a lot of swerve on it, one where the goalie was wrong footed and another where she saw it too late because of the defenders in front of her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.