United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deluded Utd fans. Apparently they don't spend money and have grown organically

A club like United has reached the pinnacle, not by acquiring a sugar daddy (City, Chelsea) or by getting government support (Real Madrid)...but by developing and implementing a successful youth policy, taking a long term strategic vision of ground improvements, a philosophy of attacking football and really effective global marketing.

Why should we be made to make the playing field 'equal' when the philosophies, business acumen, and decision making of other clubs is poor. You are rewarding the ineffectively run clubs with the chance of getting the best players and thus punishing the well run clubs.

Doesn't make sense in our culture.

Going back to the topic...apart from United, every club buys the majority of their players from other clubs so I have no reason to feel bad when United to the same but less often.

Our history shows we have bought Marquee players regularly from Quixall, Law, Herd, Robson, Keane and so on...but it's probably only 10% of our team. For every Keane there is an Irwin, Sharpe, Ronaldo, Da Silva, McClair, Coppell, Evra...who came very young and we developed them or came for very low fees.

If we did it as a generic process then it might grate...like Liverpool do...but I have no problem with how United balance things.

50% home grown and 50% bought is an excellent ratio.

This is straight off Rag Café, 40 minutes after is was posted...Or so 'google' tells me.... ;-)

This is straight off Rag Café, 40 minutes after is was posted...Or so 'google' tells me.... ;-)

Is strong business acumen buying a club and attaching the loan to buy it against the club leaving it in debt?

Is strong business acumen buying back your youth team player for 100 million quid?

Is sacking the manager every year, van Gaal, Moyes business acumen?

I love the myth of growing organically Martin Edwards floated the club on the stock exchange to raise funds for Danny Wallace,Mike Phelan,Neil Webb, Paul Parker,Peter Schmiechel, Kanchelskis, Dennis Irwin. Fair play to him as it got them success. What's the difference between getting outside funding from stocks to one man investing his money and getting a return?

Is strong business acumen buying a club and attaching the loan to buy it against the club leaving it in debt?

Is strong business acumen buying back your youth team player for 100 million quid?

Is sacking the manager every year, van Gaal, Moyes business acumen?

I love the myth of growing organically Martin Edwards floated the club on the stock exchange to raise funds for Danny Wallace,Mike Phelan,Neil Webb, Paul Parker,Peter Schmiechel, Kanchelskis, Dennis Irwin. Fair play to him as it got them success. What's the difference between getting outside funding from stocks to one man investing his money and getting a return?

As someone said....blinkered and deluded... ;-)
Let them believe what they want...
Wont change a damned thing ;-)

As someone said....blinkered and deluded... ;-)
Let them believe what they want...
Wont change a damned thing ;-)

ps i forgot Gary Pallister worlds most expensive defender at the time and Paul Ince, hardly came from the youth team did they! The rag way, if you say something over and over again its true.

I really dont get why they are all happy and smug with themselves at the moment. Could you imagine the slant from the press if we were in their position in 6th with a very difficult fixture list coming up against the top four sides which they have only beaten one in Spurs? All the money they have spent and the only success they could potentially show is equalling their league position last year as they wont get top four, they will get destroyed by any half decent side in the later stages of the Europa league and Chelsea will pick them too pieces in the FA Cup.

It will be interesting to see where their youth policy is in 5 years time. I don't see much coming through and PEG is a man for spending big on a small squad and letting all the fringe players rot. I can see Rashford and Lindgard at Sunderland in a few years. Pogba aside, they have very little.

It will be interesting to see where their youth policy is in 5 years time. I don't see much coming through and PEG is a man for spending big on a small squad and letting all the fringe players rot. I can see Rashford and Lindgard at Sunderland in a few years. Pogba included , they have very little.

Corrected for accuracy.

Will make sure I put proper quote marks in next time, I was too shocked from what I read to think straight Tbh.
Utd fans really do think they bought cheap but have no idea of football inflation or yearly contract cost which with zlatan costing what 14 million for a year makes him a pretty expensive 'free transfer'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.