United Post Match Thread

You should be used to it - every f*cking player of theirs is " world class " and the media just lap the shit up and regurgitate it all the time !

Every player @ 'Nitid is superb, whilst every other club only has sh*t players .

It's a rule of the " greatest team in their own minds ! "

You only have to look at the international pedigree of Jizzy jaz to see their point

now this other little **** rashford is the next big thing because he plays for that shower, fuck that. the narrative is frustrating

At least Van Gael has the bollocks to carry on playing him even after some mediocre games. It paid off. I thought he worked hard for them and he and Martial were both a threat.

We have someone just like him, an eye for goal, inconsistent but a willing worker. Pity our idiot of a manager hasn't continued playing him.

That the problem. Only 2 of them came anywhere close to being a goal. When it comes to taking chances we have got to be the worst in the league. Going into the season with two striker, one of who is shit and the other injury prone and carrying the weight of the team on his shoulders was not a clever move.

Why Pellegrini doesn't trust Kelechi I don't know.

This is the biggest issue. The fact that Kelechi doesnt get the minutes on the pitch that his performances have deserved. Indeed for the past few weeks he can't get on the pitch at all.

The answer to our goal scoring and creativity problems could lie with youth. Unfortunately they don't get a chance at City. The rags have given youth a chance this season, ditto Spurs and a few others and it hasn't done them any harm.

Kelechi, the Garcia's and Tosin Adarabioyo have all shown themselves to be worthy of minutes on the pitch. Probably one or more too. Why not give them a chance. Let's be honest Navas, Sterling, Bony and Silva are hardly worthy of places in the team at the moment.

It had EVERYTHING to do with the team picked.
We would not have looked like a squad head and shoulders above the rags with merely a couple of personnel changes on Sunday. Re-watch the majority of our PL games from this season, then compare them to the majority of 'team' performances in our 2013/14 season. Absolutely different mentality/workrate/passion and never say die attitude. You'll be in for a shock. This seasons inability to achieve is not simply down to a few bad player selections.

This is the biggest issue. The fact that Kelechi doesnt get the minutes on the pitch that his performances have deserved. Indeed for the past few weeks he can't get on the pitch at all.

The answer to our goal scoring and creativity problems could lie with youth. Unfortunately they don't get a chance at City. The rags have given youth a chance this season, ditto Spurs and a few others and it hasn't done them any harm.

Kelechi, the Garcia's and Tosin Adarabioyo have all shown themselves to be worthy of minutes on the pitch. Probably one or more too. Why not give them a chance. Let's be honest Navas, Sterling, Bony and Silva are hardly worthy of places in the team at the moment.

I totally agree and it's Pellegrini's greatest failure during his 3 years here.

He replaced Nasri in the CL squad with Kelechi and then in a game where Kiev, a side who have never beaten an English side away from home in the CL needed to score 3 goals, he doesn't even put him on the bench! If that wasn't a game for a couple of younger players including him to be played I don't know what is. He is shit scared of trying anything new and just sticks with the tried and tested players, a few of who, who have basically let him down all season.

I totally agree and it's Pellegrini's greatest failure during his 3 years here.

He replaced Nasri in the CL squad with Kelechi and then in a game where Kiev, a side who have never beaten an English side away from home in the CL needed to score 3 goals, he doesn't even put him on the bench! If that wasn't a game for a couple of younger players including him to be played I don't know what is. He is shit scared of trying anything new and just sticks with the tried and tested players, a few of who, who have basically let him down all season.
I also agree. The whole thing is bewildering. This is the mistake Chelsea keep making, as well. Maybe it's a "new money" thing.

Can't complain too much about yesterday, didn't let myself get too down about it and have taken all the digs from the plastic wankers at work today. I knew it was coming, everyone did based on how we've played for the most part of this season and the team selection. I don't buy that we've been fucked over by injuries, not to the extent of how shit we've been.

How many times are we going to get caught out by playing a defender who's legs have gone against a younger, pacier forward? Why is our manager not bollocking our centre halves for continually going to ground, lunging into tackles in dangerous areas? Why, when we're 'attacking' and I use that term very loosely, do our wingers refuse to cross the ball? Why is our midfield constantly outnumbered? Why was Yaya, in a 2 man midfield yesterday, taking free kicks on the edge of our box? Why can't Joe Hart take a quick kick/throw, ever. He sees the man, he wants to do it but ALWAYS waits until the chance has passed. We are without a shadow, the slowest, most predictable side in this league. Aguero hit the post yesterday with a header. Passed long from defence, yaya crossed, Aguero on the end of it. That was the only time we tried to get anyone to stretch their legs and it worked. The rest of the time was get forward, cut it back try to play it through 11 men, rinse and repeat. Why does Bony get straight back into the squad ahead of Nacho? (Bony actually did OK yesterday). Why do ALL other teams want it more than us? Why do other teams work harder than us? Why, when we're playing 2 wingers, is one of the best centre forwards in world football dropping 40 yards so he gets a kick of the ball? Why is an obviously unfit Silva playing? Why, when we have 2 of the fastest players in the league who both play on opposite wings, do we never utilise this threat? Why can we never challenge for the 2nd ball after a long ball forward?

Yesterday we could have played Nacho, Garcia and young Tosin. They'd have been right up for it. The result may have been the same (I don't think it would have been) but it would have given the team and the fans a lift.

I think we're going to struggle on for the rest of the year. I think the chairman likes being a nice guy too much and won't sack Pellegrini. I think this whole saga has been handled appallingly, from Bayern leaking the initial story of Pep coming here (which we couldn't control) to the way we've allowed this absolute clusterfuck of effortlessness and ineptitude to manifest. We're in dire need of someone to knock a few heads together.

Will we gets champions league next year? I doubt it. As a 'customer', that's how were seen now, I'm not fussed, I'll still go to the games, as a club that now cares more about official tampon partners and whether Tarquin and Felix from Hertfordshire will enjoy their Jamie Oliver burger more than whether they're going to keep hold of the 40,000 or so people who go no matter what, it's absolutely disastrous.

We're going to need/want to shift a sizeable part of our squad over the summer. Starting with both goalkeepers. Hart may escape the cull because of the magnitude of changes. But I think Pep will be looking to replace him due to his reluctance to catch a cross and his awful distribution. I'm hoping, for sentimental reasons, he's just having a bad time because the manager is a fucking wanker and this can be coached out of him. Denayer needs to come back, vinny needs to get fit and Mangala had a decent game yesterday. I think there's a player in there somewhere. We need fullbacks although I think Kolarov has a place believe it or not. Maybe Zab too but as 2nd choice. Clichy, sagna and Demichellis are gone. Fernando, silva, navas and yaya are gone too. Bony is out. In my opinion, we need to replace those 8 outfield players with probably 4/5 and promote denayer, Garcia and give nacho a shot as 2nd striker behind Aguero. If Pep wants to play 2 up top or a front 3 we may need to buy another striker. But DeBruyne and Raheem will fill in/play as forwards/attacking midfielders.

Training methods will also be changed under the new man. Hopefully, this will eradicate the muscle injuries we've had this year.

On the whole, we have been fucking gash for months. Pellegrini looks completely lost, he also doesn't give a toss. We've gone backwards through poor recruitment, lack of competition for places and an unwillingness to change. The engineer, ain't.

Gone off on a complete ramble there... As you were.

Good post, agree absolutely

That the problem. Only 2 of them came anywhere close to being a goal. When it comes to taking chances we have got to be the worst in the league. Going into the season with two striker, one of who is shit and the other injury prone and carrying the weight of the team on his shoulders was not a clever move.

I said this before the match, didn't go but nacho should not have been on the bench, and the scum looked up for it. Pissed off, pellers mooching off mid interview after the game doesn't help. Just fucking annoyed, we should have twatted them.

Because he keeps fucking up and sticking the ball the wrong side of the posts, al la Spurs game ;-)

You should be used to it - every f*cking player of theirs is " world class " and the media just lap the shit up and regurgitate it all the time !

Every player @ 'Nitid is superb, whilst every other club only has sh*t players .

It's a rule of the " greatest team in their own minds ! "
I am used to it, still fucks me off. They were dogshit and got lucky, now this rag **** who's played about half a dozen matches is the the new thing, local boy made good,bollocks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.