United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well things will only get worse for them if they honestly think signing mesut ozil is a positive. Lets also look at Rashford, under peg is he improving as a player - nope he is still the same run fast and straight and shoot player. The difference is give Rashford to Pep and he would turn him into a totally different player....and that wont be going unoticed around the world by not only upcoming players but established elite players and there is the big difference between the managers.

Would you honestly as either a young aspiring player or elite player want to go and play for a manager that can improve your overall game, not just say it, but actually have proof he is doing it to others - Sane, Stones, Deph, Otamendi, Sterling, Aguero, Walker, Fernandinho. Play possession based offensive football and a manager who shows love for the game.

Or would you want to go to and play for a mnager that is using negative tactics, hoof ball methods, negative defensive gameplay and comes across as a miserable twat.

United at the end of pegs tenure will be no closer than they are now

Well things will only get worse for them if they honestly think signing mesut ozil is a positive. Lets also look at Rashford, under peg is he improving as a player - nope he is still the same run fast and straight and shoot player. The difference is give Rashford to Pep and he would turn him into a totally different player....and that wont be going unoticed around the world by not only upcoming players but established elite players and there is the big difference between the managers.

Would you honestly as either a young aspiring player or elite player want to go and play for a manager that can improve your overall game, not just say it, but actually have proof he is doing it to others - Sane, Stones, Deph, Otamendi, Sterling, Aguero, Walker, Fernandinho. Play possession based offensive football and a manager who shows love for the game.

Or would you want to go to and play for a mnager that is using negative tactics, hoof ball methods, negative defensive gameplay and comes across as a miserable twat.

United at the end of pegs tenure will be no closer than they are now

Put a bid in ; )

As a United fan, it's actually sad to not only see terrible football being played for 5 years but also seeing a majority of the fanbase defending it because of stat paddling. You can even get banned for criticizing Mourinho.

The actual few talented players we have are being wasted under his football, and I'm quite sure Mourinho is too stubborn to change his ways. Just our luck that a successful manager loses his knack for the game the minute he joins us. When you're struggling to make chances against West Brom, you know in deep shit. I'm not even sure we will finish top 4 this season, Chelsea and the likes will easily catch up.

Hello bud, welcome to the forum. I hope you stay as i don't mind oppo fans myself who chat like you would in a pub. My dad is one of you buggers and he is of the same opinion. I do not mean that because your knocking your own club, i go of what my dad says mainly with you and what i see without blue specs. I have posted a rough outlining on this page even of how i feel you are as a club financially speaking. Of course that relates to the pitch to.

I really feel the money you need is spent poorly and not when it is needed, this points to lack of ability with your suits. It has been noted recently but always apparent to most i think, that you have flipflopped with your transfer policy. Not only that, you have failed to grasp the need for a director of footy, a Khaldoon who maintains the goal of staying on top. That goes hand in hand with the transfer policy being the manager only's decision. With your business model you need to go our way really or stay stuck.

I think what is the news you were not interested in Brazil as a market due to it not being immediately lucrative with shirt sales etc. That to me stands out as short term thinking when you look at our model now. The Glazers essentially want to leech of you with a thin veneer of investment a-la Pogba and Lukaku albeit for rather silly fees imo.

You are second now by such a margin due to your owners own shortsightedness and lack of vision imo if you want to tie it in a bow. You will maintain your position near the top i think but not as it was before with you as top dogs.

I have never known a song like "Park the Bus" get so under the skin of Utd fans. Even the reasonable ones start to snarl.

Last edited:
I cannot see Mourinho lasting long at the swamp. Financially they will back him but it will not be unrestricted spending and he will struggle to accept that. His management style was good, undoubtedly, but the parameters have changed and he cannot.

At Chelsea he spent a fortune without FFP issues and bought the best from rival teams to create a huge squad he then barely used. He would win all his home games and play for a draw away against the top clubs and play on the counter.

The trouble is that managers are now better than they were and everyone knows his gameplan. Rarely does he change it and when you stifle creative players to avoid defeat you risk damaging them long term. In Hazard and Ronaldo he had players who could win a game on their own whilst the rest of the team sat back. At the rags he does not have that player and I feel even if he were to find it he would still be too concerned about losing to truly unleash them.

Those tough games are more regular now. You can lose to anyone and have to adjust. The rags should still make top 4 but I do feel they will have to fight for it more than they will challenge us.

As much as they may strengthen we will too and although the gap might be closer I do think Pep has broken Mourinho and that is why we see such petty remarks from him.

Still baffled they're 2nd and have spent eye watering amounts of money.

They finish most games like a non league team who have a 1 goal lead, holding off a giant in an FA Cup tie. Last man defending and hoofing clear for 20 minutes.

There are at least 5 better teams in this league.

iu

iu

iu

A couple of possible clues why are they are 2nd....

How fitting that the Sun has taken over from the BBC as their official media mouthpiece. Lowest common denominator Rag and lowest common denominator Rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.