United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most laughable aspect of this saga is the bizarre belief of so many rags that the Sanchez transfer has cost them nothing because 'no money has changed hands'. So it's just cost them the bulk of Mkhitaryan's £30 million transfer fee which hadn't been amortised, Sanchez's £20 million signing on fee and his agent's £15 million bung. I make that the thick end of £60 million. Plus the wages of circa £450,000 a week, apparently after tax, on a 4 1/2 year contract. I should be used to it now but the mind boglles at their ignorance, delusion and stupidity.

What annoyed me about the headline in today's paper "I did not move to United for the money" was not just the predictable self-justification.

It was that it insults my intelligence - and that of all non-rags. I don't like being offered deception, disingenuousness and casuistry.

The most laughable aspect of this saga is the bizarre belief of so many rags that the Sanchez transfer has cost them nothing because 'no money has changed hands'. So it's just cost them the bulk of Mkhitaryan's £30 million transfer fee which hadn't been amortised, Sanchez's £20 million signing on fee and his agent's £15 million bung. I make that the thick end of £60 million. Plus the wages of circa £450,000 a week, apparently after tax, on a 4 1/2 year contract. I should be used to it now but the mind boglles at their ignorance, delusion and stupidity.

Tbf, the reported 450k after tax is dependant on bouses, presumably for winning serious trophies, so it's 350.

Their simple way of looking at it is the same way children look at swapping Pannini cards..............if I swap you my Mickeyterryian card for your Dirtysanchez we are both even and there is no cost involved..... they can't see beyond that simplification. Thats why the debt is no longer an issue for their green and gold fans..... they had it explained to them but half way through they were shown something shiny, lost track of what was being said and just gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.