United Thread - 2023/24

How was Casemiro’s foul only a second yellow?

Surely that’s a denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity?
He didn't, though. They still got the penalty. It's the "double jeopardy" thing, isn't it. Not being punished twice for the one offence (the red card, AND the penalty). If it had been outside the area, then yeah; he may well have got a straight red. The only way it could be a straight red where it was, was if it was deemed as not a genuine attempt to play the ball (rugby tackle, shirt pull etc). And his tackle could be seen as borderline for that, in my opinion. A generous ref could say he was trying to get the ball. A less generous one; well, you get the picture. The point being, there's an element of uncertainty about it.

"I'm not watching another game until the Glazers have gone"

How many times have we heard this from them lot and then the next game they are still posting about games.

Seen a wonderful post on ragcafe where they said United are at rock bottom lol

"I'm not watching another game until the Glazers have gone"

How many times have we heard this from them lot and then the next game they are still posting about games.

Seen a wonderful post on ragcafe where they said United are at rock bottom lol
Actually they are under the rock that is rock bottom.

Yeah I thought that. Referee just making it easy for himself, I suspect.

I wonder, if he gave a red and the VAR disagreed, can the downgrade it to a second yellow instead, or can they only cancel the red?

Anyway, how many reds is that now for him in less than a season and a half? I know of 3.
Yes a red can be changed to a yellow if VAR asks the ref to look at it just as a yellow can become a red

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.