Us and them another pension rant

Blue Maverick

Asyou may or may not know I'm a firefighter and we like many other public sector workers had our pensions fucked over a few years ago, this included firefighters, police, nurse and also judges. We went on strike for our pensions and our last go at getting it reversed was on the grounds of age, sex and race discrimination. The judges also decided to do this and last year the judges went to court and had their case heard, now bearing in mind the judges case is heard by a judge (even though should remain impartial). After their hearing in late December the judge presiding decided to reserve judgement.
Our hearing began in January and part way through the judges decision was made public and it was found in favour of the judges, result, their case was identical to ours, so you would think the outcome would be the same. However the result of our case wasn't released until Tuesday and they found against us, we had exactly the same case, the same barrister and yet our (and other physically demanding jobs) are effectively ruled against yet a load of bloke sat on their arses get a ruling for them.
If this doesn't smell of corruption by the government I don't know what is, the judges case affected around 200 judges, ours because of the knock on effects would have affected 10s of thousands. We are going to appeal and I'm hoping the judges case can be held as an example for us. Tory wankers.

Asyou may or may not know I'm a firefighter and we like many other public sector workers had our pensions fucked over a few years ago, this included firefighters, police, nurse and also judges. We went on strike for our pensions and our last go at getting it reversed was on the grounds of age, sex and race discrimination. The judges also decided to do this and last year the judges went to court and had their case heard, now bearing in mind the judges case is heard by a judge (even though should remain impartial). After their hearing in late December the judge presiding decided to reserve judgement.
Our hearing began in January and part way through the judges decision was made public and it was found in favour of the judges, result, their case was identical to ours, so you would think the outcome would be the same. However the result of our case wasn't released until Tuesday and they found against us, we had exactly the same case, the same barrister and yet our (and other physically demanding jobs) are effectively ruled against yet a load of bloke sat on their arses get a ruling for them.
If this doesn't smell of corruption by the government I don't know what is, the judges case affected around 200 judges, ours because of the knock on effects would have affected 10s of thousands. We are going to appeal and I'm hoping the judges case can be held as an example for us. Tory wankers.
Sounds more like corruption by the judiciary than the government.

^^ nothing plus one

but a contract is a contract dont you think?

its like if you signed up to something and thinking you will get "x" at the end and then getting <<"by a lage margin, money" but retire at >>age

30 years plus of shift work and some very memorable incidents...not in the good way to boot.

i think we deserve what we signed up for.

^^ Totally unintelligible.

What exactly are you looking for taxpayers to pay?

Because some of us are tired of being fcuked over too.

Entitled public sector wankers.
I'm looking for the contract I signed to be honoured not to be changed halfway through, how would you feel if your mortgage company said they wanted to you to pay more for your mortgage that you'd already agreed to plus pay it for longer and your house will be worth less? As for the wankers bit fuck off. And why is it unintelligible, same case different result?

like many other public sector workers had our pensions fucked over a few years ago,

Before you, the private sector got their pensions fucked over by some tosser called Gordon and most public sector workers thought it was wonderful.

So sorry if i've not got much sympathy.

Before you, the private sector got their pensions fucked over by some tosser called Gordon and most public sector workers thought it was wonderful.

So sorry if i've not got much sympathy.
So that makes it ok then? I'll see you at the bottom if you want too race, my point is nit about the pensions but about how two exact same cases can have different results, when one is for judges and the other for the rest of us poor fuckers, but hey I didn't come for sympathy I came to make a point but it always turn it into a public versus private as usual :( and I didn't see any public sector workers saying the private sector getting fucked over was good, certainly not me.

You have my sympathy bud, needs an appeal to a higher court tbh.
They are considering it, which I think it's a no brainer, the thing is people slagging off public sector workers yet that's what the judges are and they've won, probably the people in the whole public sector who get paid the most anyway.

Why did you end it with Tory wankers? Maybe if the country elect a Labour government they'll give you the decision - not a hope in hell.

Sounds like your problem is worth the judiciary.

To be honest I have smympathy with all workers who have had their pensions changed including Private Sector who were promised the earth at outset and are seeing little hope of a good pension at the end.

However, it was always unrealistic to think that with longevity increasing, pension ages wouldn't be affected.

As for the legal bit, I'm not sure where you stand with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.