Us and them another pension rant

I keep hearing about how everyone is living longer and so this justifies everyone being fucked over. I dont see it, who are all these people living these newly long lives?

Why did you end it with Tory wankers? Maybe if the country elect a Labour government they'll give you the decision - not a hope in hell.

Sounds like your problem is worth the judiciary.
Because the labour government agreed to change the scheme in 2006 for newcomers, honouring the contract we signed the Tories ripped that agreement up.

I'm looking for the contract I signed to be honoured not to be changed halfway through, how would you feel if your mortgage company said they wanted to you to pay more for your mortgage that you'd already agreed to plus pay it for longer and your house will be worth less? As for the wankers bit fuck off. And why is it unintelligible, same case different result?

The "wankers" bit was a mirror image of your comment. So if you don't like it, don't start it.

Contracts do sometimes have to be changed due to force majeure. Just like the state pension age is rising. Just like almost all final pensionable salary schemes have had to close. Not nice for those affected but inevitable once financial commitments become unsustainable.

Finally, speaking for plenty of people (but by no means all) from the private sector, we don't want to fund pensions that are superior to those on offer to other people. Resources are finite and should be prioritised on services. I never asked for a fcuking huge proportion of my council tax to go towards feather-bedding staff in organisations that have long been over-manned, inflexible, introspective, unaccountable and "entitled".

So, like it or not, there you have it.

This argument is soooo 2016.

The big one now is Millenials vs Baby Boomers, hadn't you heard?

Keep fighting amongst yourselves while the real entitled ones get fat and feather their gold-plated nests.

Divide 'n' rule. innit.

I'm looking for the contract I signed to be honoured not to be changed halfway through, how would you feel if your mortgage company said they wanted to you to pay more for your mortgage that you'd already agreed to plus pay it for longer and your house will be worth less? As for the wankers bit fuck off. And why is it unintelligible, same case different result?

I understood it perfectly, BM. It's the private sector with their shit pensions who crack on that it's unintelligible because they aren't getting the same deal. If all my superan contributions had been looked after and invested over the decades I paid then the taxpayer wouldn't be moaning now. My superan went into the black hole that is the Treasury and probably paid for a wadge of taxpayer-funded odds and sods. Benefit before, pay later!

They are considering it, which I think it's a no brainer, the thing is people slagging off public sector workers yet that's what the judges are and they've won, probably the people in the whole public sector who get paid the most anyway.
Don't get me started on judges lad :) push it as hard as you can, fight like fuck and if nothing else you'll know you left no stone unturned.

Are you saying average life expectancy hasn't been going up and up? If so, you might need to do a little googling.
For judges it may be. It certainly wont be for teachers, police officers, firemen and nurses. You have a dislike of public sector workers so your view on it will be clouded. These people will be flogged into the ground by the time they can finish. And these pensions arent free, they pay 16% of their salary for them. I dont know how much of yours you pay into a pension, its not my business, but I bet you dont pay that much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.