Us and them another pension rant

The moaners rule the roost in as many other professions as they do in teaching. Everyone, bar, maybe Hugh Heffner, has a whinge now and again about work. Very few died and had the epitaph “I wish I’d worked more hours” placed on the gravestone. I agree about the stance from some unions. My own, the NUT, can sometimes seem to react negatively to any change, for arguing’s sake. But, by and large, I think most unions do a valuable job in holding employers to count. And rightly so. And they act as a vangaurd against some of the rapacious practices that some of the private sector seems to genuflect rather too quickly to. The German model of unions and management working in much greater harmony is one we should aspire to, but it would take a paradigm shift from government and unions alike (I think there’s more willing from the unions on this).

Anyway, it’s half-term, so a night on the vino and a lie-in tomorrow.

Cheers! Enjoy. You deserve it.

Depressing thread. A shame that ordinary working people can view eachother in such divided ways
Certainly is mate but my original point was on,y how can two sets of different occupations (both in public sector) with same issue get different result and call it a fair and just society? It wasn't a public vs private fight :(

Certainly is mate but my original point was on,y how can two sets of different occupations (both in public sector) with same issue get different result and call it a fair and just society? It wasn't a public vs private fight :(
I'm out if the CS now after 30 odd years but recently the CS had an independent pay review that the govt assured us they'd follow apart from when it came out they didn't like the results so ignored it while giving themselves the usual year on year big pay rise.

Private sector workers, maybe not all think our pensions are massive and seem to think public workers are an enemy within. I paid in from '81 with surpressed wage rises as 'we have a good pension' and now get £850 a month, apparently I'm ruining the country...

And after all we're only ordinary men.

First you need to understand how it all works.....how the 1% fuck the rest of us over and 'manage' the process via our (un) elected politicians

1) We earn an income....this is taxed at between 28% and 40%
2) We spend some of that income.....which is taxed at between 0% and 20%
3) We put some of it away in a pension ( the govt then give us back 20% from 1 ...but you note that it is not quite what they took)
4) The govt tax the growth of the pension fund between 10% and 45%

Meanwhile to earn 1) we have to go to work. Many of us are in low paid jobs working in Supermarkets / retail etc so are in receipt of (so called) benefits such as Housing Benefit / working tax credits/ child benefit / universal credit etc...... these benefits are paid for out of the income the government receives from all of us.

So the low paid are funded by me and you and work for large businesses such as ASDA / Starbucks etc. Last year Walmart (the owner of ASDA) made £7 + billion . The same model applies to Starbucks in fact almost any business.

So the average person pays tax to fund the low paid so that business can make huge profits.......The system is broken but they won't want to fix it though.

First you need to understand how it all works.....how the 1% fuck the rest of us over and 'manage' the process via our (un) elected politicians

1) We earn an income....this is taxed at between 28% and 40%
2) We spend some of that income.....which is taxed at between 0% and 20%
3) We put some of it away in a pension ( the govt then give us back 20% from 1 ...but you note that it is not quite what they took)
4) The govt tax the growth of the pension fund between 10% and 45%

Meanwhile to earn 1) we have to go to work. Many of us are in low paid jobs working in Supermarkets / retail etc so are in receipt of (so called) benefits such as Housing Benefit / working tax credits/ child benefit / universal credit etc...... these benefits are paid for out of the income the government receives from all of us.

So the low paid are funded by me and you and work for large businesses such as ASDA / Starbucks etc. Last year Walmart (the owner of ASDA) made £7 + billion . The same model applies to Starbucks in fact almost any business.

So the average person pays tax to fund the low paid so that business can make huge profits.......The system is broken but they won't want to fix it though.

It can't be fixed there is no alternative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.