US Blues.... NBC changes this coming season

That's incredibly unfortunate. It's been great being able to watch every single PL match and now this. I'm still confused even after the article on which games will be shown and if that last answer states that you can still watch every game.

Its hard to make heads or tails of that article in terms of the channels showing the games and the times. I assume they are talking about the 3pm Saturdays (10am ET)? which of course cant be shown in the UK.

That being said if more USA channels are picking up these games; then they will often appear on UK streaming sites with English speaking commentators... so every silver lining.

Its hard to make heads or tails of that article in terms of the channels showing the games and the times. I assume they are talking about the 3pm Saturdays (10am ET)? which of course cant be shown in the UK.

That being said if more USA channels are picking up these games; then they will often appear on UK streaming sites with English speaking commentators... so every silver lining.

The article isn't clear to me either. However, it sounds like fewer channels will show matches.

Last season the early start Saturday game was on television every week. Between 3 and 5 later games were shown on cable/FiOS/satellite dish channels. Essentially, every station owned by NBC could broadcast a match without subscribers having to pay anything additional for watching these matches. Any match not shown on television was available online at no additional cost. You could watch it live.or after the fact. Matches shown on television were also available online at your convenience.

It sounds to me like some, not all matches anymore, will be available for free and fans will have to pay an additional fee to watch the rest.

This doesn't matter i'll be at the pub anyways, join your local MC supporters group and show up to the pub. Unfortunately, the folks running the MCFC Denver group seem to want to share a pub with Chelsea and the Rags. Makes for a really annoying watching experience, with all those douchebags around. Tottenham has probably the best setup in Denver, they have their own pub and aren't connected with all the "others"

Losing the Overflow channels is the biggest issue. Okay if you want to charge me this extra $50 -- it's shitty but I could deal theoretically. But to charge me that and do away with the actual TV channels? Horrible. Not sure how this will affect the bar we meet up at and what their capabilities are for streaming things. NBC went all in on advertising and showing off pubs around the country and supporters groups and this is going to certainly harm some of them.

It's a big step backwards, but there's nothing we can do. Hopefully they reverse course if the numbers go further down.

Last couple seasons were too good to be true. This is awful. I pull my hair out already at the prospect of having to miss a league cup match or two every season when they occasionally aren't televised or available via stream, but at least the Prem was always there, no questions. Now things are moving backwards. They always say they are going to play the "big" clubs a lot, and granted, City have been on the main channels a lot in recent years, perhaps the most last year, but City fans in the states will know that we can't depend on that; there were a good number of matches wherein we were on the overflow channels (and frankly it felt like a lot more than 4-6 matches, though I don't have the actual numbers in front of me). So the long and the short of it is, many of us will need to make arrangements if we don't want to miss a match

Of course TV would be best, but I'm hoping that if and when I pay the money for the streaming service (which I will - ugh) that it will at least be a high quality product. Streaming has come a long way in the past few years, so hopefully doing it through Playstation just like Netflix and other subscription services I use won't be that big of a deal.

I have a subscription to MLB.TV (pricey - but I split the cost with friends) and TBH it's pretty good. I can flip around from game to game quickly and it's high quality video. You can choose which team's broadcast you want to listen to or even listen to the radio broadcast if you wish. It looks blurry for a few seconds but as soon as it's buffered it's perfect and you can't tell the difference between that and regular TV. Hopefully NBC's product will be just as good. Based on what I've used of the NBC Sports app on a desktop, they're not quite there yet, but I hold out hope that they won't be able to both gouge us for coverage and then provide an inferior product on top of it.

This is just crap. I don't understand how NBC thinks taking away the ability to stream games for cable or satellite subscribers is going to make said subscribers less inclined to cut the cord. This actually decreases the value of paying for legitimate service because this feature was previously included.

This is just crap. I don't understand how NBC thinks taking away the ability to stream games for cable or satellite subscribers is going to make said subscribers less inclined to cut the cord. This actually decreases the value of paying for legitimate service because this feature was previously included.

Clearly just a money grab by NBC. I'd guess casual viewership is down, if ratings are truly down. Casual views won't pay the 50USD. I'd guess many (most?) committed fans will hand over the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.