Using Mobiles Whilst Driving #%×*heads...

I join the M60 at Hollinwood going south a lot. The slip road turns into a lane so there is no need to pull into lane 2. Most days, even though lane 1 is completely empty people pull into lane 2 and amble along. Twats.

Ah, the old it's not me or my fault syndrome...... I don't care if you're Lewis Hamilton, Colin McCrae, Jeff Gordon (Nas Car), Jeremy Clarkson, The Stig or Maureen from Driving School, if you use your phone with your hands while driving then you ARE a hazard to everyone else..... & are Fucking Stupid

It's an opinion and wrong but you're entitled to it

I think we should be allowed to undertake these days as well, you can do it in the USA no problems, would solve a lot of this middle lane wankers holding everyone up.

I think we should be allowed to undertake these days as well, you can do it in the USA no problems, would solve a lot of this middle lane wankers holding everyone up.

Bullshit no problems. Okaying undertaking gives license to dickheads doing 95 to weave in and out of traffic and discourages good driving altogether.

Only this. Too many middle lane hoggers.

Also too many twats using their mobiles when driving.

Driving down the M61 yesterday and a police van was sat in the middle lane when they should have moved to the inside lane. If they can't be arsed why would other drivers ' bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate it, people have died trying to pull in to take calls too. I don't understand why hands free have been banned in some places...... as talking to people within a car was never deemed a distraction before?

The thing is, when you are talking to people in the car, they react to what is going on on the road. When you are talking to someone on the phone, they have no idea what is happening.

It's quite simple really, talking on the phone, even hands free, means you are driving with the reaction time of someone that is two or three times over the alcohol limit.

I drive for a living, and you can spot a vehicle in front of you when the driver is pissed or on the phone immediately. It's weaving all over the road, the brakes come on for no reason and they drive erratically, crossing white lines, slowing down, speeding up, gassing it and slowing down to a crawl again.

As you say, too many people have died for nothing at all.

I don't know what the answer is, but many more people will die because it can't be policed properly, and maybe that is the problem.

You can drive 350 miles on motorways down to London and back without seeing a single traffic cop, but that wasn't the case years ago.

Maybe the powers that be rely too much on cameras these days, average speed and all that, but I do get fed up with people on the phone when they are driving being an absolute menace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.