Using Mobiles Whilst Driving #%×*heads...

The thing is, when you are talking to people in the car, they react to what is going on on the road. When you are talking to someone on the phone, they have no idea what is happening.

It's quite simple really, talking on the phone, even hands free, means you are driving with the reaction time of someone that is two or three times over the alcohol limit.

I drive for a living, and you can spot a vehicle in front of you when the driver is pissed or on the phone immediately. It's weaving all over the road, the brakes come on for no reason and they drive erratically, crossing white lines, slowing down, speeding up, gassing it and slowing down to a crawl again.

As you say, too many people have died for nothing at all.

I don't know what the answer is, but many more people will die because it can't be policed properly, and maybe that is the problem.

You can drive 350 miles on motorways down to London and back without seeing a single traffic cop, but that wasn't the case years ago.

Maybe the powers that be rely too much on cameras these days, average speed and all that, but I do get fed up with people on the phone when they are driving being an absolute menace.
Most are now in silver or navy blue unmarked BMW's....... hiding.

They light up brilliantly at night sometimes, like a lovely Crimbo tree.

The thing is, when you are talking to people in the car, they react to what is going on on the road. When you are talking to someone on the phone, they have no idea what is happening.

It's quite simple really, talking on the phone, even hands free, means you are driving with the reaction time of someone that is two or three times over the alcohol limit.

I drive for a living, and you can spot a vehicle in front of you when the driver is pissed or on the phone immediately. It's weaving all over the road, the brakes come on for no reason and they drive erratically, crossing white lines, slowing down, speeding up, gassing it and slowing down to a crawl again.

As you say, too many people have died for nothing at all.

I don't know what the answer is, but many more people will die because it can't be policed properly, and maybe that is the problem.

You can drive 350 miles on motorways down to London and back without seeing a single traffic cop, but that wasn't the case years ago.

Maybe the powers that be rely too much on cameras these days, average speed and all that, but I do get fed up with people on the phone when they are driving being an absolute menace.

I gave up after you said talking on a hands free is the same as being pissed

Well, he's not wrong. You take away important senses when you use one to concentrate on conversation, otherwise you'd saying 'pardon?/ I didn't catch that!' a lot!!

Like the excellent advert earlier...

It just takes a second.

Not in the same ball park as being pissed though is it

So you're texting somebody and a kid runs out in the road... A drunk would likely run him down... The texter also I'd wager.. But not the same in your opinion??

He said talking on a handsfree device is not the same as being pissed.
He's right. Just like listening to the radio and singing along is not the same as being pissed.

He said talking on a handsfree device is not the same as being pissed.
He's right. Just like listening to the radio and singing along is not the same as being pissed.

No.

A radio doesn't talk back.

A radio doesn't get into a row with you.

Singing along is like singing to yourself.

That is safe as long as it's low, like listening to the radio.

Don't get the support for it.

No.

A radio doesn't talk back.

A radio doesn't get into a row with you.

Singing along is like singing to yourself.

That is safe as long as it's low, like listening to the radio.

Don't get the support for it.

I'm not supporting anything mate.
I'm just explaining to Bluemanc what was said.

As far as your first two points go, I should be able to use them to tell the wife I can't drop her off at the subway in the morning.

I'm not supporting anything mate.
I'm just explaining to Bluemanc what was said.

As far as your first two points go, I should be able to use them to tell the wife I can't drop her off at the subway in the morning.

It appears simultaneously looking and listening or looking and talking is beyond certain bluemooners and it is the equivalent of drinking a bottle of vodka to them. I am not sure these people should have a licence as any noise in their vicinity whilst they are driving causes them to have blurred vision,jelly legs, a sense of bravado, no spacial awareness and lack of bladder control.

In an effort to state using a phone whilst driving is dangerous claiming using hands free is the same as being royally pissed has to be one of the funniest and worst arguments ever on bluemoon. Who knew a two way conversation made you blind and caused temporary paralysis of the legs. I never read that in my Samsung user manual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.