Var debate 2019/20

So wait, you are saying that every decision that went againts liverpool is correct but everything that went for them is wrong? You didnt state facts, just your assumptions. You are biased and you know it. That lovren push, he was smart of making it look like a fault, didnt we all wish Mendy did that? Dont talk about taa handball, we lost the game and were never in the contest, still think we would have lost because we dont know what would have happened if the first hand ball were given as free kic That leicester penalty, was dubious, yes, but you cant let a leg out like that with players like mane, he will take advantage. Now VAR didnt exist last season, how were they only one point behind us? No conspiracy theory then, oh wait, because we won. So no need to be clutching at straws.

You keep talking about the Christmas schedule like that was a title decider, we were already behind them before that. Why arent you talking about how easy our schedule was and the fact we played less game, and the fact we had the easiest group in ever CL history ever that should have helped to propel us to the top. No, let's not talk about that, that was for us, we conspiracy theoriest cant talk about that.

Stop with this conspiracy theories man. Your statements are biased, one sided to suit your arguments. "Oh why are we losing, must be because liverpool bought the league and they had 45 hours worth of extra rest for one game." You sound like the sore loser they were last season. All you talk is liverpool, nothing about us, you sure your not having a crush on them?

This season is our doing, like I said, we already lost 5 games, and it's not liverpool's fault. You want to live just with hate, go ahead man, this forum is full of you people. I for one want to see our owners and pep react to this.

Just what does this throwaway phrase mean. I think I'm one of those. I've been biased since the Cup Final in '55. Ever since the Good Sheikh took over we have RDAHMeedya shit spread thickly over anything we have ever done in the last ten years. And as for choice between bias with ne'er a shred of evidence to back it up and murderous hooliganism I will always take the former!

Just what does this throwaway phrase mean. I think I'm one of those. I've been biased since the Cup Final in '55. Ever since the Good Sheikh took over we have RDAHMeedya shit spread thickly over anything we have ever done in the last ten years. And as for choice between bias with ne'er a shred of evidence to back it up and murderous hooliganism I will always take the former!

Yep, “you people” seems to mean City fans, count me in.
Buswrecker doesn’t even know that we’re owned by one man, but he supports City.... apparently;-)

Nah they don't (as far as I have seen anyways).

I was watching CF America vs CF Monterrey in the mexican league last night as I couldn't sleep. America had two goals disallowed in the first half (as well as there being one if not two (I cant fully remember) pen decisions, all in the first half) that were checked by VAR. One of the goals was disallowed for offside (and no line was drawn at all and looked borderline) then another was given for a handball in the build up (far more passes compared to the Van Dijk handball against Wolves), each time the ref stopped play, and for the majority of them checked the pitch side monitor before making the decision.

They all appeared to be the correct decision and they were all done far quicker than VAR decisions are done here (us vs Liverpool aside when VAR was "seemingly" done before the ball had hit the net for the offside!)

European league wise I only watch it intermittently and it's mainly Barca/a top Italian game, all of which from memory use the pitch side monitor.

It's easy as fuck to sort VAR, force the refs to use the pitchside monitor and mic up the refs (like in rugby/NFL and its played in the stadium too so everyone knows what's going on).

But theyll never do that cos they cant work the narrative in their own interests then, can they!?

I also thought things would run a lot smoother if the Ref checked the pitch side monitor. That was until I saw Düsseldorf vs Leipzig a few weeks ago. Leipzig ran out 3-0 winners and their second goal was a Penalty. From every single angle (except one) it’s not penalty. The hand is up, in front of the body, very soft at best. But one angle from a side camera made it look a stonewall penalty. The Ref went to the pitch side monitor and the VAR officials only showed him the clip of the one angle where it looked stonewall. He was always going to give the penalty. Had he seen all the angles and seen where the arm was, he may not have given. I don’t think it’ll change things much, VAR just get to choose a particular camera angle to show the Ref and can pick and choose whichever angle they want.

I also thought things would run a lot smoother if the Ref checked the pitch side monitor. That was until I saw Düsseldorf vs Leipzig a few weeks ago. Leipzig ran out 3-0 winners and their second goal was a Penalty. From every single angle (except one) it’s not penalty. The hand is up, in front of the body, very soft at best. But one angle from a side camera made it look a stonewall penalty. The Ref went to the pitch side monitor and the VAR officials only showed him the clip of the one angle where it looked stonewall. He was always going to give the penalty. Had he seen all the angles and seen where the arm was, he may not have given. I don’t think it’ll change things much, VAR just get to choose a particular camera angle to show the Ref and can pick and choose whichever angle they want.
You mean tv can decide who wins ?

Just seen Grealish’s goal disallowed at Burnley. Somebody’s heel was offside.

I had settled down for a day of watching football, but I have relinquished control of the remote. Reruns of Father Brown are better than that shit.
There was millimetres in it as the player was returning to the line. Shades of Aguero v Spurs in the bent CL game.

Just seen Grealish’s goal disallowed at Burnley. Somebody’s heel was offside.

I had settled down for a day of watching football, but I have relinquished control of the remote. Reruns of Father Brown are better than that shit.

It really is getting beyond a joke now how is a mm a clear and obvious error ?? Just scrape the league and start again next season this season is a bloody joke. I to can see tv companys not paying as much to cover the corrupt league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.