VAR (PL introduction 2019)

So you expect the referee to be super human in other words. There's no way a ref can be in perfect position or at a perfect angle to see everything.
Watching on VAR from every angle no call for incompetence then..

Here here. Salahs is not a penalty in a million years because he was never getting to the ball. He would never have had a goal scoring opportunity.

If Salahs is a penalty there will be a penalty shout on every corner kick and you need 4 VAR refs looking at everyone in the box.

Barry is backing toward the keeper but he is not close enough to make contact. The keeper pushes him really hard in the back.

Nobody can deny that's a pen if any defender does it & the player then dives, as Salah does.

So the ref reviews the incident sees a clear push on Barry, ignores it & disallows the goal because he impeded the keeper afterwards.

Eithef that or he only got to see the goal incident because the video ref decided the push on Barry doesn't count. But Salah diving after his shirt was pulled to prevent him runnig offside, is a pen.

Fucking garbage system.

It was never a pen in my opinion yet VAR reckoned it was ! So there' s the problem pens get given still with this ridiculous system. You cannot have VAR deciding on anything that is subjective like the Salah incident. Offside and ball out or in or wherea foul takes place yes, subjective ones like was it a foul of not definitely no.

It was never a pen in my opinion yet VAR reckoned it was ! So there' the problem pens get given still with this ridiculous system. You cannot have VAR deciding on anything that is subjective like the Salah incident. Offside and ball out or in or wherea foul takes place yes, subjective ones like was it a foul of not definitely no.

It was a clear penalty. Salah made a meal of it but you can't pull people back how the defender did. And you know what, it's a good thing. A few more games like that and people will stop grabbing and pulling people in the area. If they keep it up that is....

It was never a pen in my opinion yet VAR reckoned it was ! So there' the problem pens get given still with this ridiculous system. You cannot have VAR deciding on anything that is subjective like the Salah incident. Offside and ball out or in or wherea foul takes place yes, subjective ones like was it a foul of not definitely no.

But just watching it on motd now, if they are nitpicking though to find Barry offside for WBA's goal, why isn't the push in the back on him considered an offence ?

In a Rugby rules var , the goal would be disallowed & a pen given.

FFS!!!!
VAR Does not mean correct decisions.... this last week has proven that. It means selective decisions = stitch ups......

Last edited:
FFS!!!!
VAR Does not meam correct decisions.... this last week has proven that. It means selective decisions = stitch ups......

How exactly? It got every decision right at Anfield tonight.... it won't be perfect, but will ensure a load more decisions are correct

How exactly? It got every decision right at Anfield tonight.... it won't be perfect, but will ensure a load more decisions are correct
That's your opinion mate i thought Salah proper dived for the pen and WBAs goal should have stood so all a matter of opinion.

That's your opinion mate i thought Salah proper dived for the pen and WBAs goal should have stood so all a matter of opinion.

The West Brom goal was offside, shown conclusively on TV. while salah did make a meal of the pull back, it was a foul....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.