Vehicle Strikes crowds in Stockholm

Here we go again.

Shocking news yet again and i can only hope that no one loses their lives and that injuries are minimal.

A vehicle has driven into pedestrians in Stockholm, police in Sweden have said.

Police say a number of people have been injured after a truck was driven into crowds in Drottninggatan, a main shopping street in central Stockholm.

Swedish radio is reporting that three people have been killed in the crash and Swedish broadcaster SVT says shots have been fired.

According to the Swedish paper Aftonbladet, one eye witness said she saw "hundreds of people" running for their lives.

Another witness described the panic when the truck came out of nowhere: "I went to the main street when a big truck came out of nowhere. I could not see if anyone was driving it but it got out of control. I saw at least two being run over. I ran as fast as I could from there".

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/people-injured-in-stockholm-after-vehicle-drives-into-pedestrians-10828595

Latest saying he drove into a crowd at first then through the front of a department store and reports breaking of shots fired in a different area of Stockholm.

Sweden has had terrible issues the last few years. The media simply do not report it and only now are their gov starting to get some flak for trying to sweep it under the rug.

I hope the shots were from the police and not the attacker going on a rampage. Are all swedish police armed or?

Edit: Google tells me yes all Swedish cops have a side arm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.