Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

Wednesday: "Pellers is fucking brilliant. Fernando behind Yaya and Fernandinho allows us to turn the latter two loose and it is just devastating! Finally he has learnt what we all here knew all along! Navas on the right at all times! This is the way forward!"

Today: "Three holding midfielders! Worst manager in the league! We only won two years ago because of Stevie G's slip! Fucking moronic not to sub on a 19 year-old with 1 league goal to his name! WTF with Navas coming on!?!?! Can't wait for Pep."

And I'd wager you could find double digit numbers of posters expressing both of the above paragraphs. Just some of the most spoiled, reprehensible, raggish shit I have ever heard in my life on here today.

Just because kelechi scored a last min goal against palace, doesn't make him the answer to our attacking failings today. We were poor to man attacking today, and kelechi didn't do anything to change it either, because as a team we weren't good. Anyway, We should of had enough without an 18year old striker. yaya was poor kdb was poor sterling was poor, kolorov was poor, navas and sagna were poor, Fernandinho was unrecognisable.
Bad day
Thought Navas was our best player today. If not for poor finishing and lucky saves he'd have had two or three assists.

i expected the new manager syndrome that what happened.

could have nicked one earlier villa would be open to get dicked but didnt happen.

so hopefully the players will show up against liverpool next time who just lost at home to palace !!

I'd ignore him. He clearly has no understanding of football.

I was actually saying the team were poor to a man today, and I'm not wrong. I didn't actually single out navas, I put him and sagna together saying they were poor, what I really should have said was they were ineffective on the right

Ill take a draw today, had a horrible feeling going into the game that with their new manager, something bad would happen! Ok we played poor but we didnt lose at the end of the day.

Tuesday would have took alot out of them

Onwards and upwards boys!

No i meant hindsight, because that is what we all have now.
I understand what you are saying though. But my original point was
most were saying go with the 3 in midfield and now moaning when the manager does.
I appreciate your point. With Aguero, Silva and Nasri out, MP didn't really have any option. Was always going to be a difficult game after qualifying for the CL next round.

Hindsight's got nothing to do with it. He set the team up to defend solidly and counterattack on Tuesday, because the occasion and opposition demanded it, and it was absolutely the right thing to do. Today we were up against piss poor opposition and we were always going to dominate possession and territory. Going with an almost identical formation and team selection then was a mistake obvious before a ball had even been kicked

i agree. But most of the earlier insulting posts, were from people who said in the pre-match thread,
that we shouldn't change and go with the 3 in midfield. That's who i'm criticising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.