Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Pep is not new to baiting questions, he's never played that game. He's offering up more than he needs to and there is absolutely a reason for it - just surprised to see him go this route for the first time

And I know the English press well, especially when it comes to Guardiola - I think I've seen just about every pre & post match since he was hired, Pep is always in complete control - even when the questions were piss poor

Truth is, I think lately he has grown tired of the winning streak questions so I suspect he might handle it differently should the run continue

Yeah but Pep is not new to baiting questions, he's never played that game. He's offering up more than he needs to and there is absolutely a reason for it - just surprised to see him go this route for the first time
well this is england, a new club,new players and a very happy and free of drama pep

He's injury prone, that's not really revelatory. What surprises me is the way Pep has talked about it in the press conferences, it's a first that I can recall where he regularly comments/describes a player as chronically injured.

Is it a message to the management group? Would seem strange since he has a direct line to them and has had it for many years, no rationale to play it up in the media.

Is it a message to the player? Has to be fairly clear to the player himself that he cannot truly be counted on. Otherwise, Pep is letting the player know he needs to start looking for a new club once he finds a reinforcement and before his contract runs out. Still, you'd think that Txiki could make it clear to the player anyway.

Else, is it a message to the press? To justify a big expenditure for a central defender?

Just a bit out of character for Guardiola
Not exactly rocket science considering Vince has been injured on and off for 3 years now, lol.

The burning question for me at least is,Is he actually injured now at all?, I think it's all a mental thing with him now, the slightest twinge ,or twist and he almost walks off the field himself. i recall a while back pep when asked what the problem was his reply was something along the lines "We dont know" as in Vinny dosent feel ready, yet the medical staff can't find out what the problem is.

He never says more than he has to and, up until now, never called out his players in a way that made them look bad. He could just as easily acknowledge he picked up a knock but there's absolutely something about the way Pep discusses Kompany. He's definitely frustrated as anyone would be, as fans probably have been for years but it is definitely dead man walking talk and why I think the club is probably trying to push the player to accept he cannot be counted on & move on
my initial thought was a tactical sub, then i saw vinny's reaction and thought ,pep's just took advantage of the situation and now it;s just a knock.so i could of been right after all.
i'm just trying to second guess Pep,the same as everybody else,its not easy. deliberate or just opportunist,i will let a barca fan educate me.

my initial thought was a tactical sub, then i saw vinny's reaction and thought ,pep's just took advantage of the situation and now it;s just a knock.so i could of been right after all.
i'm just trying to second guess Pep,the same as everybody else,its not easy. deliberate or just opportunist,i will let a barca fan educate me.

I contend it's odd from Pep, I remember thinking this the first time he said something similar about Kompany and I thought maybe he was just frustrated at the depth concerns but now that he's done it a few times seems clear there's an agenda being played out in the media.

I contend it's odd from Pep, I remember thinking this the first time he said something similar about Kompany and I thought maybe he was just frustrated at the depth concerns but now that he's done it a few times seems clear there's an agenda being played out in the media.
i don't think he would play it out in the media.especially when every player has a chance to speak privately on their individual situation at the club.

has he done that anywhere else?

He's injury prone, that's not really revelatory. What surprises me is the way Pep has talked about it in the press conferences, it's a first that I can recall where he regularly comments/describes a player as chronically injured.

Is it a message to the management group? Would seem strange since he has a direct line to them and has had it for many years, no rationale to play it up in the media.

Is it a message to the player? Has to be fairly clear to the player himself that he cannot truly be counted on. Otherwise, Pep is letting the player know he needs to start looking for a new club once he finds a reinforcement and before his contract runs out. Still, you'd think that Txiki could make it clear to the player anyway.

Else, is it a message to the press? To justify a big expenditure for a central defender?

Just a bit out of character for Guardiola
This seemed telling in Pep’s press conference today (about Otamendi):

“Nico has been amazing, because he’s a guy who even with pain, even with problems in the ankle, in the knee, in the back, he always fights. He’s one of the hugest competitors I ever seen in my life. He was so important. I cannot imagine the situation we would be in, in terms of the table, in terms of the way we play, without him. It would have been impossible.”

Guessing you missed Walker running over to Pep after speaking with Kompany and indicating that Kompany needed to come off 90 seconds into the match?

I think what Guardiola would like is if Kompany himself, off his own accord, comes and say's "listen boss, i think if you look to accommodate me it will be to the detriment of the squad now, i want to play but i just can't guaranteed things will not snap and break down."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.