Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seemed telling in Pep’s press conference today (about Otamendi):

“Nico has been amazing, because he’s a guy who even with pain, even with problems in the ankle, in the knee, in the back, he always fights. He’s one of the hugest competitors I ever seen in my life. He was so important. I cannot imagine the situation we would be in, in terms of the table, in terms of the way we play, without him. It would have been impossible.”
Do you think that is pep sending a message to vinny?

Guessing you missed Walker running over to Pep after speaking with Kompany and indicating that Kompany needed to come off 90 seconds into the match?
i must of missed it.opportunistic it was then.
i'm at a loss at why vinny would come off for a knock.i didn't see that either.saw the goal tho :)

I think what Guardiola would like is if Kompany himself, off his own accord, comes and say's "listen boss, i think if you look to accommodate me it will be to the detriment of the squad now, i want to play but i just can't guaranteed things will not snap and break down."
If the likes of McGrath, and King could be managed years ago, I don't see why we can't manage Vinny with the current technology available.

If he felt something the other night, the best thing all round is for him to come off, no need to aggravate it, or leave us struggling with a passenger either. If it has since turned out to be nothing much then good, it might actually give him a bit more confidence that he can play through it.

If the likes of McGrath, and King could be managed years ago, I don't see why we can't manage Vinny with the current technology available.

If he felt something the other night, the best thing all round is for him to come off, no need to aggravate it, or leave us struggling with a passenger either. If it has since turned out to be nothing much then good, it might actually give him a bit more confidence that he can play through it.
I think age and his continued injuries would make it an exercise in futility if i am honest. It would be to much "making do" and essentially a distraction to Pep's master plan. Come the end of the season i think Pep would be pretty happy if Kompany called it a day as a player should he want to stay at the club in any capacity. Outside of a player i think Pep would be well up to having Kompany stay around but when he is looking for a spot on the team sheet it presents an awkward situation for Pep.

Vinny and pep are both grown up passionate football men,they will sit down and discuss things,i would imagine they have done it a few times already,this secret messages in pressers is ridiculous if you actually think it through,even joe said him and pep talked and they sorted it out like men and it was done as smoothly as it could be,they are grown ups

Come on Vinny - another 50 games and 2 more championships. He is living here forever no matter what.

I feel for kompany , what a shit time he's had over the past few years but also for Mangala. His big chance to actually forge a partnership, get a good run going and show us his real worth and every time there's a sniff of kompany being match fit Mangalas out again. Kompany would be in every time if completely fit that's obvious but this should be Mangalas chance

vinny has 18 months left on his contraoutct,we will not push him out,if he is fit and pep doesn't pick him then thats one thing,i'm sure pep is as frustrated as vinny and the rest of us are as he is a great player and still our captain,the media ask him about him before every game,i'm sure he wouldn't be volunteering his opinion otherwise,you need to wise up on the british press,they love a player v manager story when it comes to us,their questions are soley designed to find an angle for a bad story

Pep is a born winner. He is fully aware of the respect that most fans have for Vinny and how important he has been with respect to the success of the club in recent years. However, the manager must take a cool objective look at what has been happening with respect to our captains fitness.

After finishing last season and starting this season well he got injured,needlessly in the circumstances, playing for Belgium. After a couple of months out he was asked to fill the big gap left following John Stones injury but again because of injury has not been able to fulfill this task. Indeed twice he has been forced to leave the action prematurely apparently with yet another twinge in his calf.

There is little doubt in my mind that the VK of 4 or 5 seasons ago would lead this team all the way to a CL final and hopefully somehow he can turn back the clock to still do so. But how many more times can Vinny depart the scene only minutes into the action before it becomes an unacceptable risk to include him in the starting line up. Pep may well have made up his mind on this matter and we may be about to find out sooner rather than later.

i don't think he would play it out in the media.especially when every player has a chance to speak privately on their individual situation at the club.

has he done that anywhere else?

That's the thing, I've never heard Pep talk about one of his players being injury prone - even when he had Gaby Milito who rarely played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.