Virgin media

rick773 said:
Craig said:
I've just got the monthly bill from Virgin and it's £115.That's for broadband,phone and the basic tv package with just the sport.I've only got one tv box and it's the old crappy one.I'm going to ring them to try and get it reduced or maybe change over to Sky.Just wondered if this seems dear and what other people are paying for a similar package before I ring up? Cheers

I have the 120 Internet, XL TV,sky sports hd, and the worst phone package on earth for 44.50 through threatening to cancel,they made me take a 2nd box to get it though , not really sure why.

Blimey thats not bad.
I have XL TV, 60meg internet and XL phone for £59. I managed to get a new router thrown in too when I last threatened to cancel.
That basic phone is shit though it adds £20 onto your bill so you may as well pay the extra£5 or whatever for unlimited.

They won't give me Sky Sports unless I pay another £20 a month they say i'm already on a load of deals.

I'm sure that they bring bills out slightly earlier each month so after so long you owe them another full month. Snidey fuckers they are they will rob you blind unless you keep and eye out as the OP proves.

The Pope said:
rick773 said:
Craig said:
I've just got the monthly bill from Virgin and it's £115.That's for broadband,phone and the basic tv package with just the sport.I've only got one tv box and it's the old crappy one.I'm going to ring them to try and get it reduced or maybe change over to Sky.Just wondered if this seems dear and what other people are paying for a similar package before I ring up? Cheers

I have the 120 Internet, XL TV,sky sports hd, and the worst phone package on earth for 44.50 through threatening to cancel,they made me take a 2nd box to get it though , not really sure why.

Blimey thats not bad.
I have XL TV, 60meg internet and XL phone for £59. I managed to get a new router thrown in too when I last threatened to cancel.
That basic phone is shit though it adds £20 onto your bill so you may as well pay the extra£5 or whatever for unlimited.

They won't give me Sky Sports unless I pay another £20 a month they say i'm already on a load of deals.

I'm sure that they bring bills out slightly earlier each month so after so long you owe them another full month. Snidey fuckers they are they will rob you blind unless you keep and eye out as the OP proves.

Yeah just to go up to the nights and weekends they want £18 more cause of the deal I'm on . I don't think the phone portion has come to less than that though because my wife insists on using our house phone to drone on about god knows what to her dumb relatives

XL tv, movies, sports, hd and V+, unlimited phone with call barring, 20mb internet - £78 p/m + a few quid for calls to silly 0870 type of numbers.

Am looking to drop to just broadband for £22 though - dont have BT line and dont need Virgin one as it's cable.

I'm looking at a satellite package thats £200 supplied and fitted with dish and £10 p/m £80p/a. It has 1,000s of channels and the foreign sports so will be able to watch Citys away games. I've seen all the Sky Premier films months before they are shown (TCIB x) and will have enough to keep the kids happy with Freeview and whats on the satellite channels.

I rarely use the landline and only 90% of calls we get are telemarketing. I have 1000 minutes on my mobile and free calls to the g/f so will just use that and fire the landline off.

With Freeview and the satellite package I'll be saving £500 a year and getting a lot more sport and channels that I am now.

Id like it all in the house but my brain does not compute paying for a landline that I dont want and all packages have it. Id like broadband in but im fecked if im paying line rental for a phone I wont use because mobiles run the world and only knobbers trying to sign me up for PPI will ring, probably when Ive just come off nights!

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Id like it all in the house but my brain does not compute paying for a landline that I dont want and all packages have it. Id like broadband in but im fecked if im paying line rental for a phone I wont use because mobiles run the world and only knobbers trying to sign me up for PPI will ring, probably when Ive just come off nights!

You dont need a landline with Virgin - its supplies via cable so you dont need one. Thats for an existiing customer - might be different for a new one.

See what deals you'd get as a new customer. Got the tip from that Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis.

He said there's examples with things like car insurance where you cancel, then the next day ring up as a new customer and you could halve your insurance. I bet the same would work for other companies as there's now reward for loyalty these days.

at the momment ive got xl tv with tivo box and hd box in bedroom, 30mgs bb and phone free calls everyday for 60 mins sky sports aswell as espn and i pay 83

How often are you using the house phone, OP? It's gob-smackingly dear on Virgin.

Still much prefer Virgin to Sky and I wouldn't go near BT if they paid me.

I pay £31.50 a month for virgin media internet,no tv or landline,was thinking of getting M tv but not much difference between that and freeview so decided against it at the moment

Virgin engineer coming on Saturday to install new super hub

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.