We have one of the most negative fan bases in football

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by ManCityX, 25 Aug 2017.

1. trevorriley

trevorriley

yeh but they love change !

2. Father Paul

Father Paul

My god! A lot of what you say is true but it is precisely the sort of things that used to be heard back in the day in the Kippax and unless my memory is playing tricks again far more
    vociferously than what you hear these days.

3. cibaman

cibaman

I think its been a struggle for the fans, incuding myself, to adjust to the increased impact that a one off defeat can have. In t'old days it was almost expected that we'd suffer many defeats during the course of a season. Until we approached the end of the season and relegation loomed its head, a defeat (other than the derby) rarely felt too bad. Some were worse than others eg the Boro game when they didnt have a shot on target but they won via an og. But they didnt usually ruin my weekend.

Nowadays a single defeat can seem catastrophic. Chelsea last season (I still believe that if De Bruyne had scored we would have won the league), Leicester the year before. I remember when we lost at Arsenal in 11/12 I spent most of the journey home planning to leave the country when United clinched the title. The reaction to a defeat is consequently more extreme.

4. Abattoir Blue

Abattoir Blue

Ha! Quite possibly...the bad memories fade! But at least we cheered and sang when we won in those days too though.

5. toddluvzgta

toddluvzgta

This all season long if Pep doesn't get sacked at the end.

And that one about the therapeutic moaning as well, does wonders.

6. stonerblue

stonerblue

rambler
    nailed it.

7. Willie Wontie

Willie Wontie

I remember an interview with Billy Connolly where he said he had an occasional nightmare where he was poor and back working as a welder.

I think there's some on here with a similar fear and so despite wealth and success beyond wildest dreams they are negative, so if it all goes tits up one day...

8. sir baconface

sir baconface

GPC, FOC and bar
    I think you mean when it all goes tits up... ;)

9. Shads

Shads

Solicitor
    There is a real difference in mentality between the current young blues and those of a certain age. The best example I can give was when watching the semi v the scum and Yaya had just scored. At which point all my usual typical city thoughts and concerns regarding our 'during my lifetime ' view of us v them came to bear. However my 8 year old son turned round to me and said "Daddy what's the matter with you, we always beat United". I just don't think I can ever think that way.....

Last edited: 14 Sep 2017
  10. davymcfc

davymcfc

In my view fans are more passive these days. It's only when people get back home and on the internet that they become more vocal.

I've also noticed the internet and social media is a perfect platform for complete idiots to air their views.