Wed & Thurs Europa Attendances

Re: Wed & Thurs EUROPA Gates Attendances

oakiecokie said:
So assuming my maths is correct,the greatest set of football fans the world knows about mustered an incredible 67,000,which equates to a capacity fill of 88.15% (based on a 76,000 capacity)
Us lot,you know the ones who never fill a stadium could only get a gate of 40,000,which equates to only a pathetic 85.11% (based on a 47,000 capacity)
Well aren`t they a wonderful set of fans over at Trafford who boasted a whopping 3.04% increase over our wonderful Blue fans.
Take into consideration the shit weather and a woeful kick off time for us,then its time for them to start looking at their own fans and asking a Delia "lets be havin` you"
Congratulations you wonderful Blues Fans.

Ajax also brought over their full allocation, where as Porto didn't sell out even the lower tier.

I had a text from my mate right on kick-off last night ( just to make sure he didn't show his arse) asking 'do U still think U have got more fans ? U seen OT mate ..... FULL' ( besides the fact I don't, and it wasn't).

He was seriously comparing our game to theirs, they really are obsessed with us and attendences, it surprised me because he's normally ok, shows how much all this is getting to them, he sent me another expecting me to congratulate them on a decent turnout lmao.

Dirty Harry said:
I had a text from my mate right on kick-off last night ( just to make sure he didn't show his arse) asking 'do U still think U have got more fans ? U seen OT mate ..... FULL' ( besides the fact I don't, and it wasn't).

He was seriously comparing our game to theirs, they really are obsessed with us and attendences, it surprised me because he's normally ok, shows how much all this is getting to them, he sent me another expecting me to congratulate them on a decent turnout lmao.

that's because it's all they've got at the moment. even attendance will flip round in time.

enjoy the ease of getting tickets for games while you can. it's going to be very different for various reasons in a couple of years.

JGL07 said:
oakiecokie said:
Skashion said:
Aren't all season ticket holders obliged to buy European tickets (and FA Cup tickets) at the rags?

As far as I know this was certainly the case for the CL,but whether they could opt out with it being a different competition,I`m not sure.

-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:06 am --

LoveCity said:
We don't claim to be the biggest club in the world or close to it nor do we make songs mocking their empty seats when no Premier League club has to my knowledge had as many empty seats in a single game this season as they did against Palace in the Carling Cup.

OP: Thursday night is inconvenient for the tourists and day trippers from down south, and if not for them United would get around 50,000 per match from their northern support.

I would also imagine that our next EUROPA home game will see us getting a near sell out,based on an 7.45/8.00pm KO.

It will be Sporting Lisbon at 6:00 or 8:05 on 15 March.

I want to see what happens in the away leg before making predictions for the home attendance.

If the kick off is 8:05 I would hope for a 40,000 plus attendance.

well I'll be there so the attenance will be at least one not sure what that equates to as a percentage though

Jackson-ctid said:
Percentages, shmercentages. They managed 27,000 more than us.

-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 am --

Percentages, shmercentages. They managed 27,000 more than us.

That's 27000 lawyers, accountants, idle bastards who can take a day or two off at the drop off a hat. A 5pm ko for the working class of Manchester was always going to be a trial - deliberately trumped up by the RagTV moguls who could have a giraffe at a handful of empty seats. We had 8000 vacant seats, Rags had 100000!

sqblue said:
Dirty Harry said:

that's because it's all they've got at the moment. even attendance will flip round in time.

enjoy the ease of getting tickets for games while you can. it's going to be very different for various reasons in a couple of years.

Can you imagine what would happen if we signed a mega star.IMO there would truly be a great waiting list for ST and people fighting for "on sale match day tickets"
We have a great core of supporters,but the time will come when we will have the plastics and day trippers,but if it puts cash into MCFC,then Platini will see his arse.
Ah the good old Etihad Project will make OT seem like a fucking Sunday League Club.
Bitter !! Moi !! No I`ll be loving it.

sqblue said:
Dirty Harry said:

I wouldn't disagree there mate (even Mrs DH got a couple of tickets and went last night).
To be fair to him he's normally alright which is why it surprised me a bit, (to touch on Skashions point) he was a long term season ticket holder and travelled away and to Moscow for the CL final without a ticket, but he knocked it on the head because, despite needing to win their last game in the group stage a few years age, they went ahead and took money out of his account as if they'd already qualified for the next round and wouldn't refund it until they knew for sure, he said it wasn't even the arrogance of it all, just the principle, so it's not like he's a complete idiot.

Ah well!

oakiecokie said:
So assuming my maths is correct,the greatest set of football fans the world knows about mustered an incredible 67,000,which equates to a capacity fill of 88.15% (based on a 76,000 capacity)
Us lot,you know the ones who never fill a stadium could only get a gate of 40,000,which equates to only a pathetic 85.11% (based on a 47,000 capacity)
Well aren`t they a wonderful set of fans over at Trafford who boasted a whopping 3.04% increase over our wonderful Blue fans.
Take into consideration the shit weather and a woeful kick off time for us,then its time for them to start looking at their own fans and asking a Delia "lets be havin` you"
Congratulations you wonderful Blues Fans.
Are you seriously making thread about this?!

Honestly?!

If they got 67k, they still got 27k more than us even if we did get 40k and i don't think we even got 40k, in reality it was about 25-27k.

The words 'straws' 'clutching' 'obsessed' and 'for fucks sake' come to mind!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.