Welcome Bernardo Silva

What reasons are those?

City lacked press-resistant players in the middle who could move the ball in tight spaces under pressure, another 'David Silva'. KdB is just not that kind of midfielder, loses the ball too easily. It created numerous problems - we couldn't hold the ball well enough, conceded too much counters, Pep was forced to abandon his trademark 'total pressing' - if you chase the ball too much, you just quickly run out of steam. New 8 and 6 were needed, especially in the light of Gundogan's injury.

B. Silva is a great solution for 8 spot. IMO, most important transfer of this summer and undisputable starter.

As for KdB's possible integration as RM/RW, I'll quote my posts from KdB thread (wrote them long before Bernardo's transfer):

I've questioned KdB's suitability as No8 at the start of the season, and his performances hasn't convinced me since then. I think if we'll eventually get high-level player of Silva's or Gundogan's type with enough press-resistance ability, KdB will be moved further upfield, probably as RM/RCM. Couple him with a marauding fullback like Walker, and it will hide Kev's lack of speed and technique. Kev's right-footed crosses are imperious, and when our team loses the ball he can move centrally to press and prepare for counters.
Pep is already trying such formation (Southampton and Arsenal before Silva's injury) at the expense of benching Sterling. The reason why he couldn't do it earlier is, IMO, the absence of suitable RB before Navas' convertion and shortage of creative CMs after Gundogan's injury.

By 'lack of technique' I mean obvious lack of press-resistance and ability to operate in tight spaces. KdB doesn't have such qualities (and specific intelligence) to successfully play in the middle for JdP team, he can't safely execute short passing game under heavy pressure. But he's quite effective higher up the pitch having space, especially in 'transitional' situations. To put it simply, he's a deadly counterattacking weapon that needs to hide its deficiencies when the team builds up slowly.

Just like our Dave, Bernie's ankle will be targeted as well? Not gonna be surprised...

A key pep signing, a pressing player that is hard to get the ball off.

To many times last season we lost the ball with players who are easy to tackle or laid on a shit pass that should have been simple.

The importance of a player like this, it means it doesn't put the defence in trouble as we did so often last season. Often defence was made to look bad with sloppy passes and losing the ball to cheaply. Not only will our left/right back situation improve but we are going to give the ball away less.

This guy is one hell of a skilful player, would hate to have seen him at one of our competitors. Dare I say he will turn out to be one of the most complete players in the team, a similar tight player to david, but he will score more.

Assuming we probably won't see him for the first few games of the season, he'll finish on international duty on Sunday, and then he'll have a month off, that takes him to the first of August so I highly doubt he'll make the Brighton and Everton game, Bournemouth away seems a likely debut for him.

A key pep signing, a pressing player that is hard to get the ball off.

To many times last season we lost the ball with players who are easy to tackle or laid on a shit pass that should have been simple.

The importance of a player like this, it means it doesn't put the defence in trouble as we did so often last season. Often defence was made to look bad with sloppy passes and losing the ball to cheaply. Not only will our left/right back situation improve but we are going to give the ball away less.

This guy is one hell of a skilful player, would hate to have seen him at one of our competitors. Dare I say he will turn out to be one of the most complete players in the team, a similar tight player to david, but he will score more.

God I wish it was august!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.