West Brom (League Cup) Post match thread

Shocking performance in the 2nd half - why the difference?
Mangala and Delph nowhere near the level needed either - worrying we have these as back up.

Mangala and Delph nowhere near the level needed either - worrying we have these as back up.
Bit of an over-reaction. You can't forget there were a lot of guys out that that haven't had much football, getting tired was bound to happen especially against a team who came out in the second half to f*ck someone up so they could get back into the game. Mangala did ok, i thought Delph struggled a bit with the pace of the game and obviously playing at left back, but the first half performances were very good IMO.

Being kicked off the park by cunnts never helps. A ref who has always hated us and gave us fuck all protection never helps. 8 or 9 changes has an impact. Seeing a much liked team mate go off injured after 10 months out has an impact. Not every team wins every match. We won. Are you James Robson?

Bit of an over-reaction. You can't forget there were a lot of guys out that that haven't had much football, getting tired was bound to happen especially against a team who came out in the second half to f*ck someone up so they could get back into the game. Mangala did ok, i thought Delph struggled a bit with the pace of the game and obviously playing at left back, but the first half performances were very good IMO.

Losing Gundogan clearly affected our fluency (although I expect he would have been subbed 5 mins later) and also created a febrile atmosphere. Bravo, Mangala & Delph all looked like what they are, decent squad players but no more. When the team was playing well they contributed, when we came under pressure it seemed like a collective panic set in.

Bernardo faded in the 2nd half, probably not used to playing against a team like West Brom and obviously still finding his way in the team. I did hope he would take greater responsibility when Gundogan went off, but that's probably expecting too much too soon. He's still playing better at this early stage in his career than t'other Silva at the same stage.

Yaya was a major disappointment. He looked quite slim but seemed devoid of energy.

The most pleasing thing for me was the performances of Sterling and Sane, particularly their fluidity.

Losing Gundogan clearly affected our fluency (although I expect he would have been subbed 5 mins later) and also created a febrile atmosphere. Bravo, Mangala & Delph all looked like what they are, decent squad players but no more. When the team was playing well they contributed, when we came under pressure it seemed like a collective panic set in.

Bernardo faded in the 2nd half, probably not used to playing against a team like West Brom and obviously still finding his way in the team. I did hope he would take greater responsibility when Gundogan went off, but that's probably expecting too much too soon. He's still playing better at this early stage in his career than t'other Silva at the same stage.

Yaya was a major disappointment. He looked quite slim but seemed devoid of energy.

The most pleasing thing for me was the performances of Sterling and Sane, particularly their fluidity.
TBF to Yaya, he pulled the strings quite well in the first half. When we were getting bum rushed in the second half, he didn't really have the legs to cover.

I really want to see Bernardo in an 8, he's good as the winger but i just think his game would develop more in the 8 and he would be much more involved. You still do see his weakness at times, where he gets pushed off the ball and can't believe it's not a freekick (would be in any other league).

If that disgusting foul by Yacob was committed by a city player, SLY Sports would have it on play loop , calling for a lifetime ban and deportation.
Shane we didn't have a De Jong to dish out retribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As much as emotionally I want to see retribution dished out, as we would in hockey or baseball when skill players get twatted by thugs here in the US, we can't afford to go down that rabbit hole. We'll only lose players to cards or create a tit for tat environment where WBA hacks down a Silva or a De Bruyne next if one of ours took out Yacob.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.