West Brom (League Cup) Post match thread

I agree with you BUT having seen the highlights they could/should have won it in those last 10 mins. -
True they probably should have at least equalized, their main chance(that his the post) would have a been a complete fluke since it was a deflection that could have gone anywhere rather than a well worked opening from a pass(most of the goals we concede these days seem to happen like this frustratingly). The other good chance I think bravo might have got his fingertips to the header that skimmed the post, as it resulted in a corner.

If we are going to do ifs and buts then we have them beat on that too... we should have been out of sight before those last 10mins and Gundogan getting fouled and injured did disrupt the teams rhythm(would they have had those chances if we were still controlling the game as we were before he had to come off?). It's probably better they didn't let their frustration get the better of them leading to the yellow cards but I do like the notion that the squad care and look out for one another, shows what a good group of players(people) we have with a good bond between them.

Last edited:
The league cup will obviously never be the greatest prize in football, but it is a valid trophy with its own history.
Not too long ago we would have sold our souls to win it.
Let's not get carried away thinking that this trophy is no longer worthy of our appearing in it. The Carabou cup means so much for so many other teams and players - teams like we once were but hopefully never to become again.

Last nights two goals took our season mean to 3.14 goals per game. At the same point last year we were on exactly 3 and ended up with scoring and average of 2.18 goals per game. I am doing a continued monitor so will update for any sad stattos out there during the season.

Last nights two goals took our season mean to 3.14 goals per game. At the same point last year we were on exactly 3 and ended up with scoring and average of 2.18 goals per game. I am doing a continued monitor so will update for any sad stattos out there during the season.
I'm a sad statto r kid :-D But I'd love you to give league only updates too, because I've had a bet on 100 or more goals in league. Cheers mucker.

Two positional issues stood out for me. Is Raz better down the middle ? See also versus Watford. Secondly Sane is better on the right. See also Liverpool. What to Do?

They should arrange League cup matches in the international breaks. It gives the lower league teams an advantage because they won't lose many, if any players and it adds an extra few spots to reduce fixture congestion. It also gives the fans something to watch if you don't want to watch England vs Slovenia. In rugby the clubs still have to play when the internationals go off for the six nations.
Against fifa rules...no top flight matches during international breaks.

Two positional issues stood out for me. Is Raz better down the middle ? See also versus Watford. Secondly Sane is better on the right. See also Liverpool. What to Do?
They're both better when not tied down to a fixed position

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.