West Brom - post match thread

Anyone else notice that their fullback,McClean, wasn't sporting a poppy on his shirt like the rest of West Brom's team ..... hmm
Well documented that he doesn't and won't wear a poppy due to the Bloody Sunday events in his hometown.

I watched the game on sky(game of the day) first half we really took the piss passing, movement, second half we have to expect that a home prem team would have a go, a last hoorah if you will, so was sort of expecting that,it looked like a training game in the first half.

as for bravo,im in the camp were he had to hurry rondon up so flying out at him was the right choice,sergio was everywhere,sterling would move to the middle Sergio would go out wide,same as nolito.
nolito needs to watch his temper,could easily have been another red and made the game a lot harder,however he is really growing on me,and a little stat, 2 "headbutts" 2 clean sheets and 2 4-0 wins,think he should headbutt messi on Tuesday :)
I'd rather he headbutted Suarez when we were 4-0 up. White fang not Denis.

Brilliant performance, just need to brush up a bit on discipline with Nolito again and at the back, Bravo nearly messed up. But good to see us back to winning ways and a brilliant blues following too by the sound of it!. Roll on Tuesday.

Like every performance this season, save Spuds, they were a joy to watch. The only difference was this match they got back to taking their chances and cut out silly individual errors. Simply love watching City play this season, outstanding football.

Read the entire thread but I would like to talk about the people who point out the "almosts" in regards to Bravo. Name anyone you think is an 'upgrade' and they've let in similar goals and also did exactly what Bravo did.

Ter Stegan/Jasper
Buffon
Manuel F'N Neuer especially under Pep and this season.

Pep understands this is apart of playing in his style and he will go again so there's no use in trying to harp on it.
Barca/Bayern were successful because they had to tighten up the defense to not allow themselves to be put in those positions. This is why Pep isn't going to be critical of Bravo.

Bravo saves but when the back line leave him completely out to dry that's when we let in goals.

Read the entire thread but I would like to talk about the people who point out the "almosts" in regards to Bravo. Name anyone you think is an 'upgrade' and they've let in similar goals and also did exactly what Bravo did.

Ter Stegan/Jasper
Buffon
Manuel F'N Neuer especially under Pep and this season.

Pep understands this is apart of playing in his style and he will go again so there's no use in trying to harp on it.
Barca/Bayern were successful because they had to tighten up the defense to not allow themselves to be put in those positions. This is why Pep isn't going to be critical of Bravo.

Bravo saves but when the back line leave him completely out to dry that's when we let in goals.

It was interesting reading the interview with Denis Suarez and his remark that Barca players should always have at least two passing options when they have the ball. That must be even more important when its the keeper in possession. Most of Bravo's problems with the ball at his feet have been when the defenders and midfield players have failed to provide him with passing options. He's just not used to that and has tended to panic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.