West Ham - post match thread

Doesn't matter what it looks like from 8 angles if there is one that shows zero contact.

You're right but it will be interesting to see what they do. I predict mariner will include it in his report and say it was 50/50 given the 'physicality' West Ham brought into the game second half......

Willy played well yesterday and his distribution was mainly excellent, bravo will no doubt start next game. All positives for me yesterday very happy with the progress we are making. The Sergio incident looks a nailed on red card from one angle but not even a yellow from the other.

It's poor how people are desperately trying to find fault with Caballero.

It's not as if Joe has been brilliant over the years against teams who attack us in the air.

Any manager watching yesterday now knows to bang in crosses because Caballero is utter shite at dealing with high balls, it was as if our defense suddenly remembered who it was we had in net and went to pieces after they scored.

Caballero has led a charmed life since Pep came, but it can not change the simple fact he aint very good at being a goal keeper, I just hope it promps a re-think from pep to keep Joe and let him and Brava fight it out as 1 & 2.

Why slate one of our own so harshly after we just tonked hammers and witnessed one of the best attacking displays in our lifetime? We all know Bravos coming in and Willy is willing to improve. Jeez

Been watching City since 1957 and in my opinion it's the best 45 minutes of football I have seen ( not the most important)

Sat in Piccadilly station waiting for Edinburgh train hence my in flux of posts on various topics

Ok, the opposition has to be taken into account, but so many things were brilliant at the same time, & the tactics & the effort...

I've seen games with better individual performances, but I can't remember a better full team performance. And I can't remember a better one from anyone else either.

Willy played well yesterday and his distribution was mainly excellent, bravo will no doubt start next game.

It's poor how people are desperately trying to find fault with Caballero.

It's not as if Joe has been brilliant over the years against teams who attack us in the air.
Hilt's post seems pretty balanced to me. Why do you think he's "desperately trying to find fault with Caballero"?

Willy is doing a mostly good job playing it from the back, a role he's improving on as the season progresses. But he's nowhere near as good as Bravo and will lose the starting role.

The first half performance was outstanding.
The first goal was magnificent. The passing inch perfect and West Ham were chasing shadows .
Fernandinho's goal took many people by surprise, almost completely unexpected,
brilliant.
From that point I felt that it was game over.
I should have realised that the rest of the match wouldn't go so smoothly, we are City
after all!
A couple of really good chances were missed and their goalkeeper made a great save too.
Second half,Aguero's goal incorrectly disallowed ,
This gave some encouragement to West Ham and they scored a few minutes later on.
Would we wobble? Would West Ham find an equaliser? Would we be typical City?
A bit edgy for a few minutes, but the commitment and effort put in by the team and being urged on and on by Pep saw us back on track and any signs of a threat by a physical West Ham team were crushed.
A few good chances again, hitting the post,
Nasri, Silva,Aguero ( and what was de Bruyne thinking of?).
Sterling given motm (at this point I thought Silva would have got it!) , which inspired him to score the third from a ridiculously tight angle to put us top of the pile.
What a great game and I think that we have finally put 'typical City' to rest.
Next up raggy scum - I can hardly wait!

Had a fiver on Sterling scoring 1st at 5/1 so happy days!

As for the match, we were brilliant and at one point it looked like we were going to have 4 or 5 goal of the season contenders in one game!

Pretty disappointed in West Ham, thought they would have offered more but I'm not complaining

Regarding the potential ban - I don't think there is enough in it to warrant a 3 game ban, and the ref didn't think so either as it is clear to see that he had clear view

Hilt's post seems pretty balanced to me. Why do you think he's "desperately trying to find fault with Caballero"?

Willy is doing a mostly good job playing it from the back, a role he's improving on as the season progresses. But he's nowhere near as good as Bravo and will lose the starting role.

I don't think he was finding fault with Caballero.

Re-watched the match on Sky last night. It's amazing how much the nerves of viewing a game live, and the influence of the commentators comments, can affect how you feel a match is going at the time, compared to how it actually went when you get chance to view it back, knowing the result.
The first half was amazing, but we continued playing really well for the first ten minutes of the second half, we then conceded the goal, but then conceded only ONE more half chance, in the rest of the match, and that was at 3-1!
Yes, we lost a little control, and West Ham played slightly better, but we still dominated, played a handful of sloppy passes and looked slightly more hesitant, but continued to look slick for the majority of the time, and created about five clear cut chances.
If it wasn't for the almost flawless first half, the second half would have appeared excellent. However the commentators, at different points in the second half, described us as "wilting", and "coming apart at the seams"! You'd think we'd crumbled, and West Ham were all over us. The pundits in the studio continued this theme, without being able to show anything but City highlights (and the Aguero incident).
I guess Sky feel they have to keep the drama cranked up to the max, but it was amazing watching it back, how much a slight dip in our play, and a moderately better West Ham performance, created such a huge shift in the reporting of the match, and consequently must have influenced my nerves/frustration while watching live!

Ok, the opposition has to be taken into account, but so many things were brilliant at the same time, & the tactics & the effort...

I've seen games with better individual performances, but I can't remember a better full team performance. And I can't remember a better one from anyone else either.

It isn't that long ago since Steua away!
Goldfish syndrome?
;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.