West Ham - Post match thread

Is it just me that reckons Andy Carroll should have been sent off for deliberately smashing into Fernandinho's back? Obviously meant it and there was no other reason than to hurt him, can't see any difference between that and deliberately kicking someone which is always a red.
Had to read a lot of pages before I saw this.

It totally incensed me at the time. Had that been the other way round, Dinho would have had a red card shown at him before Donkey Kong had hit the ground. As it was, he wasn't even booked for it, and the morons in the commentary team made light of it. As for Cresswell and Byrom, what a pair of cloggers. Cresswell in particular should have seen red for the challenge on Stirling alone.

A great performance all round last night - the first half performance was, imo, better than at the swamp. Just wait for us to find a team that doesn't (according to the media) play poorly against us and we may get some credit.

It totally incensed me at the time. Had that been the other way round, Dinho would have had a red card shown at him before Donkey Kong had hit the ground. As it was, he wasn't even booked for it, and the morons in the commentary team made light of it. As for Cresswell and Byrom, what a pair of cloggers. Cresswell in particular should have seen red for the challenge on Stirling alone.

A great performance all round last night - the first half performance was, imo, better than at the swamp. Just wait for us to find a team that doesn't (according to the media) play poorly against us and we may get some credit.

this 'we're so hrad done by' attitude some fans have is pathetic. We were awesome last night, try actually reading the papers this morning - they are full of praise for City and whole articles dedicated to Jesus alone saying how awesome he looks and yet people still moaning about poor old city, the press hate us etc....its boring and a small club mentality frankly. Maybe we should just enjoy the win and get excited about the potential it looks like we have in this team.

My god your so sensitive

No, im not i was just telling you how wrong you are when you jumped on a poster who said exactly what they did say last night. You said he was talking bollox when he wasn't.

If you enjoyed the commentary then no worries, each to their own but dont think its ok to call someone out when all they have done is state a very provable fact.

BBC "Analysis" of the game, courtesy of one bitter and twisted ****:

Analysis - 'City will be found out'
Former Chelsea and Everton winger Pat Nevin, BBC Radio 5 live

"I think if Manchester City play the team they did tonight away from home against other team, they will be found out.

"They are far too open. Yaya Toure, as the holding midfielder, won't get around enough against decent teams.

"West Ham are the perfect team for Manchester City. They played 4-4-2 and were destroyed in midfield.

"Tactically it was a mess."

Those are Pat Nevin's comments in their entirety. A balanced and fair reflection on the game, clearly.
Only City get this kind of coverage. Win 4-0.... "they are a tactical mess".

Yeah, because Pat fucking Nevin is qualified to analyse Pep Guardiola's tactics...

He does have a point, but that isn't the point, is it. It's the TOTAL imbalance and misrepresentation of the game, which is so disgusting.

And it's not even correct. Tactically it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT against West Ham. Will we set up the same against Chelsea away? Of course not.

Spot on, he used Delph against Palace for more coverage in midfield, he felt the best way to stop West Ham was pressing their defence who would look long for Carroll. That worked. He'll change it depending on who we play and he's already working out what does/doesn't work in game. This season he's allowed to make mistakes but people need to stop thinking Pep is an idiot!

Pep has already seen that the team hasn’t been able to implement his style of play as quickly as he first thought. He’s seen that in this league he needs to change the style somewhat but this whole “stubborn”, “won’t change his philosophy” bollocks is typical of our clueless media. He’s always changing his teams and evolving within games and from season to season. That’s why he’s managed to keep his sides at the top and not rested on his laurels. The shape last night was to force West Ham into playing hopeless balls forward that we could then win and get at them quickly. Against Palace we looked for more midfield coverage because of their pace on the counter. Pep wanted Kompany and Kolarov to stop their aerial threat and he saw how poor Clichy was so dropped him in favour of Kolarov at left back (who also happens to be taller to help deal with Carroll).

He rewarded Jesus and Willy for their efforts on Saturday. Rested Delph and Kompany who are coming back from injuries and didn’t start Ferny both tactically and I think, because he doesn’t deserve to go straight back in considering his ill-discipline.

Still waiting for the media backlash and retrospective action...

To be fair i don't think this is some kind of conspiracy thing, it's just because it wasn't an elbow or a punch or something it doesn't register for most people, but it's clear violent conduct which is a red card.

Yeah, because Pat fucking Nevin is qualified to analyse Pep Guardiola's tactics...
I say this trev Robbie savage john Harrison Kevin kilbane or how ever his surname is pronounced etc etc they couldn't lace the boots of the players they slag off I don't listen to the ****s once the match is finished I turn off not interested in the slightest what they have to say they talk utter bollocks at the best of times our football will do the talking in years to come Mcfc forever

I say this trev Robbie savage john Harrison Kevin kilbane or how ever his surname is pronounced etc etc they couldn't lace the boots of the players they slag off I don't listen to the ****s once the match is finished I turn off not interested in the slightest what they have to say they talk utter bollocks at the best of times our football will do the talking in years to come Mcfc forever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.