West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downing and Carroll aren't just both ex Liverpool players but have caused us problems in the past. Carroll is a bully boy but he's capable of over powering any of our defenders at set pieces and crosses into the box - which will mainly arrive from downing. The latter of the two is still tryying to book his place in the world cup squad too, as are a couple of their foreign players. The thought that they have nothing to play for as a team is correct but as individuals is utter nonsense. The ex Liverpool players might have been treated badly but they'll want to show what they can do.

Isn't Carroll a Liverpool fan as well? I know Kevin Nolan is, who's another that can cause us problems on his day - again mostly through sheer power and niggly fouls agitating our players.

ayrshire_blue said:
Downing and Carroll aren't just both ex Liverpool players but have caused us problems in the past. Carroll is a bully boy but he's capable of over powering any of our defenders at set pieces and crosses into the box - which will mainly arrive from downing. The latter of the two is still tryying to book his place in the world cup squad too, as are a couple of their foreign players. The thought that they have nothing to play for as a team is correct but as individuals is utter nonsense. The ex Liverpool players might have been treated badly but they'll want to show what they can do.

Isn't Carroll a Liverpool fan as well? I know Kevin Nolan is, who's another that can cause us problems on his day - again mostly through sheer power and niggly fouls agitating our players.

Why would downing and Carroll want to help Liverpool in any way? They were both ostracised by Rodgers
And especially when it came to Carroll his treatment by Liverpool as a club was awful why should/would either of them hold any allegiance to them? . Nolan is a Liverpool fan though as you've said but I'm hoping and praying that we have enough to do the business on the day

Glauber Berti said:
ayrshire_blue said:

Why would downing and Carroll want to help Liverpool in any way? They were both ostracised by Rodgers
And especially when it came to Carroll his treatment by Liverpool as a club was awful why should/would either of them hold any allegiance to them? . Nolan is a Liverpool fan though as you've said but I'm hoping and praying that we have enough to do the business on the day

Disregard my post on closer inspection you've answered my question.

Not sure how true this is but I've been told that the Wham players were basically told to go on the piss after last weeks game. Apparently Fat Sam is getting the boot this summer and doesn't give a toss, time will tell I guess!

ayrshire_blue said:

Yeah but both downing and carroll got absolutely slaughtered by the pool fans. If i was Andy carroll, I'd say f**k off you treated me like shit. Same for downing, so why would they want to arse lick giddypool fans?

Blue_Rossy said:
ayrshire_blue said:

Yeah but both downing and carroll got absolutely slaughtered by the pool fans. If i was Andy carroll, I'd say f**k off you treated me like shit. Same for downing, so why would they want to arse lick giddypool fans?

It's not about arse licking the fans rossy, it's about trying to prove them wrong. Trying to prove that you were good enough and you can still be good enough in the big games when it matters. The England team, as I said, is still up for grabs.

I know what I would do, it's the same as you, but then again you and I aren't highly paid professionals.

I'm not saying I don't think we'll win btw, just pointing out that those who think it'll be easy because West Ham have a) nothing to offer, b) nothing to play for or c) "Carroll and Downing won't care because how Liverpool treated them" are mistaken.

Blue_Rossy said:
ayrshire_blue said:

Its very true of Downing, the reds fans did hate him, but we all loved Carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.