What happened to diving headers?

urban genie

Watching CSKA v Red Star and RSB just had a great chance to get a goal and probably win the tie.

All the lad needed to do was a diving header onto a great ball in, yet he chose to try to get a foot on it and missed.

Got me thinking, you hardly see them anymore, but why?

Would say players worry about head injuries.

*note phil the faces, salmon impressions don't count

One of the finest diving headers I have ever seen was Ted McDougall,playing for Bournemouth against Aston Villa,at Villa Park.
It will probably be somewhere on Google if someone could find it and paste it on here.Before you ask,I am shit at trying this sort of shit.

The name that immediately sprang to mind when I read the thread title was Allan 'Sniffer' Clarke of dirty Leeds infamy.

One of the finest diving headers I have ever seen was Ted McDougall,playing for Bournemouth against Aston Villa,at Villa Park.
It will probably be somewhere on Google if someone could find it and paste it on here.Before you ask,I am shit at trying this sort of shit.

There ya go mate

Ian Bishop did a decent one back in in Sept '89!

@urban genie beat me to it, with video. I'll get me coat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.