what's going on-Marvin Gaye

Bigga said:
Ok, Darren. To your (obviously limited) knowledge, what exactly has 'aged' on that Marvin Gaye album?

And please don't mention the use of flute or bongos...!

Also it was YOU that mention soul albums and 'love' in the same context, when no one else did. Since when did Luther ever do a social commentary album?!! The very notion is ridiculous!
Thanks for the insult again.

The question was asked in the first post Best soul album ever??. I decided to add that I didn't think it was the best soul album ever and said what I thought was.

You have commented on here before that if a poster has a view then no one should attack them for it so I suggest you listen to your own advice and chill out.

Oh and for the record, Paul Young's cover of Wherever I Lay My Hat shits all over Gaye's version. De Niro will back me up on that as he knows his soul music.

BTâ„¢ said:
Bigga said:
Ok, Darren. To your (obviously limited) knowledge, what exactly has 'aged' on that Marvin Gaye album?

Also it was YOU that mention soul albums and 'love' in the same context, when no one else did. Since when did Luther ever do a social commentary album?!! The very notion is ridiculous!

The question was asked in the first post Best soul album ever??. I decided to add that I didn't think it was the best soul album ever and said what I thought was.

You have commented on here before that if a poster has a view then no one should attack them for it so I suggest you listen to your own advice and chill out.

Oh and for the record, Paul Young's cover of Wherever I Lay My Hat shits all over Gaye's version. De Niro will back me up on that as he knows his soul music.

hahahahaha. you crack me up.

BTâ„¢ said:
One of the most overrated albums of all time, sounds awfully dated these days. Stevie Wonder's Innervisions, Fullfillingness First Finale and Songs in the Key of Life are the best soul albums ever.

Most soul albums are a pile of shit as they are usually 10-12 tracks of love songs which makes the greatest vocalist Luther Vandross' albums sound a bit weak.

Deary, oh fooking deary me!!

I asked a simple question towards what YOU posted, idiot, about WHY it was overrated and dated and you still haven't answered! I mentioned the albums YOU say were the best where INSPIRED by Marvin Gaye's seminal soul album of social commentary. No one else had the guts to do it. Yet, you continue to evade the question, merely crying that I'm picking on you!!

Again. nobody mentioned 'love' albums, you did. However, I will say the Paul Young version of "Wherever..." is as good as Marvin's. Different time and instruments were available then.

Besides that minor point, this is picking on you... YOU KNOW FOOK ALL!!

Bigga said:
BTâ„¢ said:
One of the most overrated albums of all time, sounds awfully dated these days. Stevie Wonder's Innervisions, Fullfillingness First Finale and Songs in the Key of Life are the best soul albums ever.

Most soul albums are a pile of shit as they are usually 10-12 tracks of love songs which makes the greatest vocalist Luther Vandross' albums sound a bit weak.

I asked a simple question towards what YOU posted, idiot, about WHY it was overrated and dated and you still haven't answered! I mentioned the albums YOU say were the best where INSPIRED by Marvin Gaye's seminal soul album of social commentary. No one else had the guts to do it. Yet, you continue to evade the question, merely crying that I'm picking on you!!

Again. nobody mentioned 'love' albums, you did. However, I will say the Paul Young version of "Wherever..." is as good as Marvin's. Different time and instruments were available then.

The mention of 'love' albums was just adding something new after answering the first question posted.

As for calling me a idiot, you are a disgusting little man who should be ashamed for making those remarks about that condition that your family has never had to deal with.

I will lower myself to your level now and tell you to get fucked you horrible little twat and get the fuckin' big chip of your useless fuckin' shoulder!

****!

Your threads are dire with all the ............. and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trying to make them look interesting when the fact is you are as dull as dishwater.

Again, FUCK YOU..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm doing it.

stonerblue said:
BTâ„¢ said:
Bigga said:

hahahahaha. you crack me up.
A lot of people feel the same. You're permanently stoned so I forgive you Whitey.

BTâ„¢ said:
Bigga said:
BTâ„¢ said:

The mention of 'love' albums was just adding something new after answering the first question posted.

As for calling me a idiot, you are a disgusting little man who should be ashamed for making those remarks about that condition that your family has never had to deal with.

I will lower myself to your level now and tell you to get fucked you horrible little twat and get the fuckin' big chip of your useless fuckin' shoulder!

****!

Your threads are dire with all the ............. and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trying to make them look interesting when the fact is you are as dull as dishwater.

Again, FUCK YOU..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm doing it.

PMSL!!!

Wind him in, son!

BTW, I love that you avoided answering the question. AGAIN!!

Bigga said:
BTâ„¢ said:
Bigga said:
BTâ„¢ said:

****!

PMSL!!!

Wind him in, son!

BTW, I love that you avoided answering the question. AGAIN!!
My opinion is that the album sounds dated and that it is overrated. I have it on vinyl and think it is decent but not as great as the Stevie Wonder albums I have already mentioned.

How many times do I have to tell you that it is MY opinion before it sinks in to your skull/brain?

It's all about opinions and if you don't agree with mine then I really could not give a shit, don't go down the same path as some of these over excited people on here that throw their dummies out if you suggest you don't like The Smiths.

Bigga said:
LOL!!!

Shall I say it slowly?

What.

Makes.

It.

Sound.

Dated?
My ears! I will say it very slowly again as you are three feet shorter than me and that is some distance for my voice to travel...

It's............................... my.................................... opinion.

Why can't you just accept a different opinion?

Ok! LOL!!!

Ffs, of course, it's your opinion, you big nappy wearing tw@! I'm actually trying to induce you into to having an intellectual discussion! What...? Intelle... Oh, for fu...! I-N-T-E-L-L-E-C... Yeeah, that's right, well done!

Let me rephrase, just for Bwig Bwee Tee...

Is it the TOPICS sung about? Is it the PRODUCTION? Is it the style of MUSIC?

What...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.