What's up with Sturridge?

I worry that this is being overcomplicated and that Sturridge is just injury prone. I can't imagine a player with his output and talent, that clearly lifts the team and STILL bring it during his infrequent cameos "doesn't want to play". I'm uneasy at at the speculating from the fans on this one.

IMO, Klopp's handling it well enough. Not really saying much. I disagree with Hamman that the team should be "honest" i.e. hang the player out to dry.

For NBA fans, it's a similar situation to Derrick Rose.

He is a very good player on his day as people have said, but you get the feeling he's been under appreciated wherever he has gone. At City he didn't really get much time and even at Chelsea when he had a decent game he couldn't get a run out in the side. At Liverpool they raved more about Suarez when Sturridge was playing brilliant too, the fans have never warmed to him like good strikers in the past. If you mention Aldridge, Rush, Beardo, Fowler, Owen, Torres and Suarez the Liverpool fans cream their knickers, but they don't have Sturridge anywhere near them and his goalscoring ratio is just as good as any of them.

Also wonder how he handled the psychological pressure of the post-Suarez season. The pressure--both implicit and explicit (a lot of it from Rodgers himself) on Sturrdige to single handedly mount another title challenge for the Suarez-less Liverpool was off the charts.

About the love thing, he simply hasn't played enough to even make that connection!

CZldhaJWcAA--6d.jpg

Ask God to pay him 100k a week then. He is taking the piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.